What are the most effective ways to drive traffic to a new website?
As my business isn't a walk-in shop, online presence is everything.
Part of my marketing strategy is blog postings, but I need a foundation to drive traffic outside of my local demographic. Are Facebook and Google marketing the only ways to deliver outside traffic from other parts of the country? I'm new to online marketing and SEO so any help would be highly regarded.
The reality is that pretty much every notable search engine or social media platform has rolled out a paid advertising solution to monetize traffic from 1st time website visitors. So really there aren't many avenues left to drive brand/product/service awareness without paying for it. With that said, I think the following tasks would help:
1. Make sure website is up to date based on current on-page/off-page SEO best practices.
2. Create as many profiles on as many relevant, high ranking websites as you can in order to promote your company image etc.
3. Engage and interact with as many relevant users in your target demographic as you can on these profiles (blog writing, following users, replying to users etc.)
Maintaining a consistent, engaging, robust presence is the most effective way to drive quality traffic to your site without utilizing SEM or paid advertising channels. They actually complement each other too which is eventually where you would want to go moving forward.
Hope this helps!
This is a concern I've got too. I've gotten initial traffic on my site where I curate cool things you can buy online typically via social (Tumblr, Instagram, Reddit, Facebook).
1. On Tumblr, you can follow other users that are in your niche and some will follow you back - additionally, if your content is of value, they'll reblog and you'll gain more followers.
2. On Instagram, you can post quality stuff, and follow/like naturally, and have your website in the bio section.
3. On Reddit you can get massive traffic from the get-go if you post in the appropriate subreddit - just don't forget to be natural. Have a personal account where you promote your business, not a business account. Transparency matters A LOT on Reddit.
4. On Facebook, you can constantly post, while promoting your page via ads. Sure, there are other ways like groups, but I've had success with ads - just a few $ per day towards gaining likes on your page.
Hope that helps.
Being that you're leasing vehicles, have you tried tapping into tourists/travelers looking to rent vehicles? To that end, have you thought about a listing on Trip Advisor? Or some other travel-related sites?
Online marketing is pretty dynamic. There are tons of different methods that can be used to drive traffic to a website. For starters, I believe the following are the best options to invest in:
1. Organic Search: The best place to get traffic is through organic outreach. Find keywords that represent your business the best, optimize your website/blog/content to reflect and emphasize on those keywords, and maximize website presence through strategic on-page. Also, make sure your website is secure, mobile friendly, loads faster and has all the right tags and tools.
2. Link Building: Go outside of your comfort zone and build links on authoritative websites, blogs, directories or listicles. Don’t hesitate to share your business details as long as the website is authoritative (check domain authority or rating to know if a website is worth the link). Also, make sure the website or link is placed on a relevant page.
3. Social Media: The two most compelling social media platforms these days are Twitter and Pinterest. I have found both are great for traffic. Build an audience on these platforms, connect with influencers, incentivize your audience to visit your website and share great content.
Start with these and then expand as you grow. Don’t panic if you don’t see results initially, learn and try to improve with each campaign, it takes some time but in the end, it is worth it.
Below is the link to the website if anybody wants to check it out: Alexander Stone
Thanks in advance for any help.
Another great way to drive traffic to your website would be through the use of press release services!
Not only do these PR's have wonderful SEO benefits, they also shoot your website across multiple streams of media!
There are many ways to market your online business on the world wide web, but only a few work effectively.
Here are a few ideas you can look into:
1) Create a blog for your website and share helpful content with your target market that is educating and entertaining.
2) You can use online publishing platforms such as Quora or Medium to establish a connection with old and new customers.
3) Get into social media groups that focus on your business niche and share your expertise so that people visit your profile.
4) Consider video marketing via popular channels like YouTube and Vimeo to direct traffic to your website.
5) Open an account on TrustPilot or Yelp so that your customers can recommend you to others and give reviews.
6) Email marketing can do wonders as well. Instead of doing this manually, you can head to services like MailChimp.
7) Check out search engines apart from Google to market a different audience with relevant keywords.
8) Try to create specialized content and offers for other countries you want to target with your SEO.
9) Make sure the hreflang and ccTLD are cohesive so that customers feel the site is relevant.
10) Do link building with websites and blogs that cater to an international audience.
Facebook is actually in my experience absolutely horrible. Google+ once you actually have a following is decent for Youtube video views. But to actually drive solid amazing traffic my suggestion is to become effective on Quora and Reddit platforms. Youtube naturally as well. Those will actually drive traffic.
Fresh content, and like Alexis said if you are trying to rank in a neighboring town for tree removal, or tree service, you will have to use the town in the keywords. Facebook and PPC are also great options, but if you are looking to rank organically, you should consider location pages.