How can I improve this website layout?
Hello experts, is there anything to add on as part of improving this website layout/features? Below is the website I'm talking about:
You are getting many strategies, tips, hacks and suggestion through this query for the improvement of your website. But in my analysis, I found there are many more you need to do for improve the design of your website. You need to contact with your web solution provider to improve the design of the website if you are not the designer of this website.
You can also use the web design service of FATbit web design company. Check web designing packages at http://www.fatbit.com/website-design-company/affordable-website-design-packages.html
I like your website anyway. But if you want to improve it, you should read some helpful notes online. For example, look for the MonsterPost blog at http://www.templatemonster.com/blog/betasso-ironmass-gpl-wordpress-themes/ You will find a lot of useful tips and trick there
Think of your website as a sales and marketing tool. You don't need just a billboard. Put usable tools on the site and make it attractive for your customers to keep coming back to the site to either access their accounts or to get continuous information. The more frequently they access your site is the more they see and think of you your firm and are likely to be recurrent clients. Highlight your customers on your site and set it up so your customers can do business between themselves in their business. Linking up clients enhance your relationship with them.
I did not read the other comments. I have a background in photography and the first thing that stands out to me is the lack of variety in the images. Most of the images displayed on the home page are wide angle images. I would consider showing some close-ups, some medium shots, some details. The first image shows a line-up of tribesmen, show me their faces, the details of their brightly-colored robes, the details of their spears. All of the photos show the subject from a distance, if I travel to the Serengeti, I do not want to see things from a distance, I was to experience it first-hand. Your photos should reflect that experience.
A responsive website is the key to any users mind so the website should be dynamic as well as creative.http://mobisoftinfotech.com/services/responsive-website-design-services
You've received a lot of good input. the keys to a good Website are
1) Tell your story
2) Use quality visuals (in your case a lot of photos to help tell your story)
Your photos look out of focus and are shot with a wide angle lens that makes people and animals look short and fat)
3) Keep copy short with good headlines (people like to scan for information)
4) Make font readable for your target audience - if it's over 40, the font needs to be larger
5) What steps do you want people to take after reviewing your website - make it easy to take that action
6) You're selling expensive trips and you want people to be overwhelmed at the opportunity to take a trip through you.
Firstly you think about your visitor, what is the important part of your site that your visitors need.
Increase the font size, added some good images and also choose a good theme. A good design attracts audience interest and they visit on your site.
I'd suggest you to start from absolute parameters:
3. Setup Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.
4. Setup HotJar account.
For ##3 & 4 collect some data for about 2 weeks and analyze it.
Invite good expert and share the data to them.
Hi there, Samwel.
You should consider some of these recommendations:
- Increase the font size, since the one you are using right now is too small and makes it difficult to read the text properly.
- Increase the line-height of the text. It will make the reading easier. Usually a 1.6em works good.
- Increase the margin and padding of your containers: the text is too close to the edges. That is not looking good.
- Add some images between paragraphs, and maybe some on the sides of the text: this will help users rest their eyes from the reading and will also make the subject more easy to remember.
- If possible, reduce the ammount of text: usually a long text makes people not even start reading.
- The logo is too small as well. You should increase it's size to make it relevant.
- Make it responsive: You will miss a lot of potential users/clients if your site is not shown properly in mobile devices. You could use a CSS Framework like Bootstrap or Foundation, if you need help with it.
- Make the contact information in the top right more relevant.
I hope these recommendations can help you.
If you have any doubts or questions, let me know.