What tips do you have for starting a blog?
I want to start a blog for the purpose of network marketing for my company. I already have a domain but haven't done blogging before. I appreciate any advice you can share!
Find something you are passionate about, sign up for a word press account, find a cool theme you might like, and get started. Progress over perfection. Concern yourself with graphics and branding later. JUST GET STARTED!!!!
There are two points of view on this.
First, let's define what you want to get out of the blog. If it's SEO benefit there's an SEO friendly approach. If it's to post across social platforms to inform or entertain your audience and SEO is not a primary concern there's a different approach
1. Hammer It Home
This aligns more with the second approach, getting people to see your content on social platforms.
Write about the things you know your customers are interested in from a variety of different angles and points of view. Write about related services, complimentary capabilities, and products that can be showcased. Show the thinking, the process and the views that will make other people successful at the thing you are selling.
2. SEO Friendly Blogging
Definitely talk to an SEO expert on this.
You can use a tool like AHREFS to see the topics that are most interesting to your audience based on the volume of searches for those keywords. Do things like mention the keyword or phrase five times in the blog post. Make sure your site is setup correctly for your headers - H1, H2, and H3. This allows Google to understand the story. H1 is the headline. H2 is the sub-headline. H3 is the main paragraph copy. This helps make your content more searchable in Google. Ensure your content is aligned with images that are named with 5-7 words the describe the situation. Write about topics that have the highest search traffic that is beneficial to your business. Write every day so Google starts to see you as an expert on this topic.
In both approaches the following is true:
1. Write consistently to gain a following
2. Amplify on social media, especially LinkedIn
Blogging is a great way of connecting with the world.
Which platform is the best choice?
You can find lots of reviews with analysis of the major platforms (they even have free hosting). For a beginner, I would recommend Blogger, Medium or Tumblr. Within these, you can create your content, publish and gather the audience. That’s it, just start writing!
Don’t want to have a blog like anyone else?
If you want to customize your blog, try Squarespace or Weebly, where making your own characteristic blog or web page is possible even without learning HTML. In case your ideas are more demanding and need more integration – simply get a CMS (content management system) like WordPress, Drupal, WIX or Joomla.
How to promote a blog?
Comment on Other Blogs. Identify the top blogs which are similar to yours and start interacting and commenting on blogs on a regular basis.
Prepare a Social Media Strategy. Create a social media profiles and share your latest articles. Focuse only on key social networks. Posting frequency should vary depending on the social media site. Some research shows that it is optimal to post twice daily on Facebook and three times daily on Twitter.
Publish Regular Infographics. People love infographics, especially those that share important facts and statistics.
Facebook groups can also be a good source of traffic and exposure for your blog.
How to blog without losing motivation?
Be Yourself. Start to express yourself. You can write about your hobby, passion and work on a personal level. Every person is unique, and your story is an important one. By writing about yourself and your experiences, you will always be motivated and you will always have a ready content.
Build the writing habit. Write and dd new content at the page at the same time every day.
Prepare a list of topics. At the beginning, we always have more ideas. Our head is fresh and it's easier for us to come up with a new idea, so create a list of all ideas. At the moment of crisis related to the lack of motivation, you will be able to use that topics.
7 Essential Tips for Starting a Blog:
#1- Think About Your Long Term Business Model and Choose your niche First
#2 - Choose a Blogging platform
#3 - Select best hosting provider like Siteground, Bluehost or WPX hosting
#4. Choose a premium theme and plugins.
#5. Start Writing SEO friendly content.
#6 Take care of Technical SEO and Basic SEO
#7 Be active in the blogging community and start promoting your blog on social media platforms
I work at an app development company as a regional partner and business analyst, and here are some tips I thought would be helpful in achieving the main goal of your blog, i.e. networking:
- Writing, editing, and Publishing is the main part. Content is king, and you’re not likely to be noticed unless you make use of valuable information or experiences, that can’t otherwise be ‘googled’.
- Search for trending topics of your industry. Riding along the “hot topic” bandwagon is an easy way to get people’s attention.
- Do in-depth research for keywords. If the content is king, SEO would be your knight. It helps to research and invest in tools, or other suitable resources that can ensure a better spot on Google’s listings.
- Use attractive images. Most people tend to be visual. If you can’t integrate videos in your blog, make it a point to use quality images.
- Try to incorporate a CTA to drive more traffic to desired pages.
- Always share your newly posted blogs, via email marketing and through social media campaigns.
- Share your articles on networking platforms like Quora, LinkedIn, and Business.com
Hope this helps!
Here is some advice:
- Choose a theme that allows you to focus on content. That is, it requires minimum administration and is simple to update. Since it is your first blog, a simple blog theme will allow you to focus on content without worrying about technicalities. You can change the theme or upgrade it once you are ready.
- The ideal place for a blog is on the company website. But if you don’t have a website or if you choose to build your blog on a different domain, make sure your blog’s SEO is in place. Do keyword research, check out competitor blogs, and write content that is both educational and interesting.
- Use visuals. Lots of visuals. But make sure visuals are relevant to the article/content.
- Of course, you plan to market/promote your blog through this blog but don’t get too promotional. Instead, provide solutions in a meaningful way. Such as, write about challenges in your industry and how your business offers a solution.
- Remember, building a blog needs patience, consistent hard work, and regular content production/distribution. You cannot build it overnight, you’ll have to write, post, promote, write, post again, and again without losing focus.
Also, always keep up with your industry. See what is trending and if you can, do share your opinion with your audience. Build authority as an expert/influencer. Feel free to message if you have any questions. Good luck!
CMS is very important for starting a blog. Also, focus on what you write and what is the trending topic in your blog category. Do not forget to research about keyword.
There are many tips to consider before starting a blog but, in the end it's all about what requirements you will be needed to meet all your business goals. So, refer this checklist (if you haven't read this earlier) to get a clear scenario www.blogtyrant.com/checklist-for-starting-a-blog/
I am assuming that you already built the website.
Based on your requirements on starting a successful blog, here are the few handy tips for your consideration:
1. Identify Industry trends
As you haven't started blogging, my first advice would be to identify current trends across the "network marketing" category. For this, you can use tools like Google trends, keyword planner, Ubersuggest, etc.
Based on trends, you can list out the categories relevant to your purpose.
2. Decide final categories based on your audience niche
You can further refine categories based on your target audience type. (Ex. Business, Tech, FMCG, etc.)
3. Create Content Calendar
After creating categories for blogging, you need to make a content calendar on when, what and how to post something relevant to your target audience.
Also, the creation of a calendar will help you in maintaining consistency and tracking progress.
4. Getting started with a promotional plan
Purchasing domain and publishing blogs won't help you get your word out there. You need to create a promotional plan by considering below mentioned strategies:
Round up articles
Broken link outreach
These are the tips I am following right now for my blogging site.
Hope this helps.
How to start a blog?
1) Think about what you will write on
2) Pick a name for your blog
3) Get a reliable hosting
4) Select a good CMS
5) Start posting