The best way to go about before starting a finance blog is to create a content bank offline with few blog topics and start creating articles relevant to the field of finance, investment, tax planning, etc. Once you have two-three topics ready live them through your blog platform and share it online to promote it.
To get blog ideas you can skim through any online finance magazines or news like the economic times, financial times, you will get a lot of interesting topics to write.
You can always test the importance and relevance of the article topic among the audience by looking to q & A portals like business.com, Quora, Reddit, etc, post the topic and ask for opinions, this way you can be sure about the topic's traction.
While choosing a niche, it's important to consider three things 1. You have passion in that niche 2. You can monetize your blog 3. You have enough knowledge and expertize to write enough blog posts for years.
Then choose a brandable shot domain name, you can get the help from this article - https://webrecourse.com/choose-domain-name/
Go with a self-hosted blog (preferably WordPress) - Avoid free hosting, this guide will help you in creating your blog with WordPress - https://webrecourse.com/start-a-blog/
Write for your audience, Focus on writing a detailed article and don't forget to do keyword research (SEO is very important).
Do let me know if anything else I can help you with.
Before starting any blog search, you should choose a short domain for your blog which includes keywords.
Before starting out any blog there are a few steps you should take:
0. Think about your end-goal! Why are you starting your finance blog?! What are you trying to achieve?! This will be your core objective that'll guide the rest of your planning and execution.
1. Check what other blogs in that niche write about. Do some competitive research and look at what drives their success.
2. Create a plan of topics that you'll cover. Don't write about things people don't care about - that results in zero traffic (and zero business). Do some keyword research and find out what people are searching for, what topics they're interested in. Then figure out how your content is going to deliver and help answer those questions.
3. Set yourself apart! Figure out your unique angle, what's the reason someone would read your blog and not some other. Is it because of your quirky tone, expertise, experience, unique angle, etc.!?
4. Figure out your sales funnel - how your blog is going to help you achieve your end-goal.
Before starting any blog search for the short domain for your blog including keywords. It will work wonder.