Which software do you recommend using to manage your team remotely?
I am operating a small business during the COVID-19 lock down period. How do you manage your remote team?
Is there any specific apps/software you rely on/recommend?
I recommend looking into Trello. It is user friendly and helps you keep track of where things are in the pipeline. If you need something a little more robust to keep track of what your team is doing I recommend using TimeDoctor with Trello.
If you have a large team I would go with Asana. It is pretty much just like Trello but I think they have some cool features for a large team.
I hope this helps.
Steven J Wilson
Digital Marketing Consultant
Here are the tools we use at our Company.
Management and monitoring: TimeDoctor. It allows us to monitor the activities our team, number of active and inactive hours logged, view screenshots of their activities, and monitor keyboard strokes and mouseclicks.
Communication: Skype, Hangouts, Slack, and Zoom.
Project Management: Monday. You can also use other tools like Trello or Asana.
Hope this helps!
1. A remote assistance service is the possibility of helping a person without physical contact.
2. At the moment, I would say that the entire planet needs remote assistance given the prevention measures for
COVID-19 that are currently in place in most companies.
3. Most of us have laptops and mobile devices like tablet or phone. Simple free applications are currently available on the market to effectively apply the containment measures put in place by the government. For IT support, I invite you to discover TeamViewer. The software is free, it installs in less than 10 minutes, and allows you to help or be helped by a third party, in the vast majority of countries around the world. You will only need a medium speed internet connection to be able to use the software.
4. I am a residential real estate broker for one of the largest agencies in the world, RE/MAX based in Montreal Canada. Right now, we are using Zoom software for our daily meetings between senior managers and colleagues. In order to help people buy and sell their property, we have implemented 'social distancing' measures, such as visiting property via Zoom Webcam, signing electronic service contracts via EZSign PDF, as well as free photo-taking applications to facilitate the marketing of these properties. If we have technical questions, our support service is available most of the time. You can also do business with support software such as ZenDesk, which allows you to open support tickets online. When the next assistant is able to answer your question, you will be kept informed.
5. Good support should be quick and easy. For people, it is not always easy to install such tools. This is why I recommend to IT departments of companies, to provide their employees with clear and precise instructions on the installation process of this software. For example, TeamViewer only requires less than 10 simple steps to be in place. A small one-page PDF will suffice to avoid unnecessary loss of time for implementing such a measure.
6. It is essential to help employees, customers and even suppliers to use your software easily. That’s why I recommend writing an instructional PDF that you can email.
Marketing Strategy at REMAX QUEBEC
Certified: Google Partner (8) Cisco CCNA (2) Bing Partner
School: HEC MONTRÉAL, Business School
(As you can see on Linkedin, I worked as IT MANAGER for BlueCode Medical Emergency)
We use https://asana.com/ for project management/file sharing/discussion.
I don't have a remote team, but I rely on Zoom and Slack for virtual teleconferencing calls.
Microsoft Teams is a good solution - and safe
The free version, available worldwide in 40 languages, offers support for up to 300 users, plus unlimited chat messages and search capabilities.
The free version offers built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full teams; integrated Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote apps; and unlimited integrations with more than 140 business apps such as Evernote and Trello. As a free user, you'll be able to "communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organization,"
Be aware that the free version of Microsoft Teams is available only to those without a paid commercial Office 365 subscription. Office 365 subscribers who try to sign up for Teams are redirected to a managed account for their existing plan.
If you have an Office 365 subscription and still want to use Teams for free, you can simply sign up with a different email address. If your address is not already established as a Microsoft Account, Teams will set it up accordingly.
We are using below software for managing remote team:
- Skype, Microsoft Teams for communication and meetings.
-Trello for task management
Hope this helps :)
There are a lot of tools you can use, from project management to time tracking.
There is a great article where a lot of tools are gathered: https://www.codica.com/blog/remote-working-tools/
If you have time, please check it.
There are lot of tools to choose from. I am using slack for communication and Hubstaff for management.
For managing remote teams in this situation, we use one of the best remote collaborative tools for productivity, Restyaboard. Widely used for Project Planning and Management, Time Management, Task Management, Team Management, CRM, Bug Tracking. It works perfectly for us and also free.
Well there are many players in the market which claims that they have better tools and software’s to manage remote work for employee and employer as well, but I trust only Microsoft, they have offie 365 suites available with bundle of features, you can store all your document on the onedrive access that from anywhere anytime location, create powerapps workflow for better project management, for communication Skype, Teams are great options
And the most important part is, you do not need to be so technical enough to use or implement this, easy to use and great experience, at the recent situations we all should stay at home and stay safer which is most important, but digital workplace is the demand of the current pandemic and all origination should start creating safer and secure workplace environment, our ebook will guide you further on this https://go.softwebsolutions.com/resources/adoption-of-digital-workplace.html
Workpuls for project management, Slack and Hangouts for communication.
There are different kinds of software are available in the market which you can use for the management of the team and also for the writing content as well.I have tried to check some instructions on the https://essayyoda.com/review-of-edubirdie-com/ site where I got some edubirdie review option of writing-related work with the best software for the management of the team remotely.
You can use standard team management tools like Trello, Slack, and Zoho. If necessary, use software for automating business processes, or electronic signatures as fluix.io. It all depends on your specific tasks and needs. I think that you need to analyze your work, identify weaknesses and compensate for them with professional software and solutions
You can use Teams and slack for team communication, Yammer for team engagement, jira for project updates while remotely managing your team.
The 7 Best Apps For Managing Remote Teams
1. 10to8 Meeting Scheduling Software