Why is our competitor's ranking better than ours?
Dear all, I am really frustrated with this question. Why competitor website is getting good rank but not ours. This is client website (www.enukesoftware.com) I have checked all the things there is no wrong thing and doing my best efforts to get rank.
This is other website (http://www.devlease.com). it is having only four back links for domain, this website has only 15 DA. I mean over all my website back links and work is far better than this website. Still this website keyword hire android developer India coming first page. Client is asking me what is the reason of behind it. I am absolutely mum. what should I tell to my client. Its really irritate question. any body can help me.
Wow Terry Culkin,
Hi, www.enukesoftware.com in this website title and description not properly you have to put title 54 to 60 charecter and this title use in your description your current description like keywords you use , in your desciption
after changing title and use your title in your description open webmaster tool and use fetch as google through this tool fetch your home page.
As explained by Chris you really need to work on those aspects. Btw your competitors site is not really upto the standard, they are lucky in some ways. One clear difference is their website is responsive (they tried to make it atleast) and adjusts to smartphones and tablet devices. This is one of the top ranking factors these days.
Dinesh, Go check out Devon Brown, he is running a Webinar on just what you just asked, how to grab free traffic including back links from Google, He is knowledgeable fellow in this market, it just might be your golden ticket.
the first thing I would do is a Google search. Are their negative comments? If so this could be the cause, people that have bad experiences with a company will rank it low. Another cause is people in the US are getting frustrated with companies outsourced to another country.
Get more live traffic, you nailed SEO but there is also SMO. Social Media affects ranking much more than people realize so syndicate every page on a schedule that allows people to click over to visit. (One page every 3-4 hours should do it)
From a quick study, you're doing things in the right direction. I've had similar experiences and eventually, things even out and you'll likely outrank them. I've had edits that I've made to my sites take 3-4 months before I actually see a difference in ranking due to that change.
One thing that could help is using a different slider (such as Flexslider) and use HTML text instead of text inside images.
First of all seo is now going back due to spam backlinks, Quality of Content is a must however i think your compeitior using paid marketing which is now every company using this to generate ROI Business for company
Hire android developer India for this keyword http://www.devlease.com website is using page URL i.e. hire-android-developers-from-india.htm so this way competitor gets all the keywords in URL, Title, Description, Keyword and content and because of this Google catches all the data and previews in Google Search Engine Result.
Similarly in case of your Client Website we are currently using different URL like http://www.enukesoftware.com/android-application-development.html so this page we dont get hire android developer India keywords in Title, Description, Keyword, URL and Content and this is the most basic reason why it doesn't gets the major share of visits via Google
To start with - gather some empirical evidence:
1) Use Hubspot's Website Grader on both the sites and compare where the two differ especially in the Inbound Marketing section;
2) Next try Moz Competitive analysis - we run this continuously for every client comparing them with their top three competitors - to discover the keywords driving traffic to their competitors (that their site has yet to be optimized for);
3) But ultimately, SEO on or off page is growing less and less important (2013 was less than 40% of the reason a page or site ranked higher on Google). Social Media has become increasingly important - over 45% in 2013. So that is a major factor that needs to be analysed and compared!
Wishing you every success.
Honestly Dinesh, you are promoting Enuke as web marketing experts when your site is a glowing example of all the things one should not do to when marketing on the Internet. The list of reasons your site is not ranking is long, the list of errors that will dissuade people who actually find from engaging your services is a lot longer!
Discreetly engage some true expertise or possibly consider an alternate vocation.
Sound harsh I know, but you asked the question.
Could be many reason..
1. May be their product is better than yours.
2. There reach-ability is more effective than yours.
3. Their Web design or presentation is better than yours.
4. They may be more aggressive in marketing.
5. Manipulation towards better ranking..
You need to evaluate and find the reason..
Since these gentlemen have been technically great bout your question, I agree w/ Stefan Muirhead and Cliff Rohde while you are at it go back to one of the basic purpose of marketing. which is to 'communicate value proposition' and also branding by way of SEO. Dont get into a quick sand of chasing a rank overnight that is not possible in SEO that may be if you have a leverage on top PR sites or your already an authority or otherwise but then again your missing the point of SEO. Try SEO in different perspective not just a competition your in but an interesting game you are playing. Good luck
I see several factors as possible reasons:
1. Misspelling is a huge no no and hurts your credibility (people want to buy from companies they can trust and respect)
2. I agree with Sinisa, he may be paying more for google ads
3. He may be using FB dark posts and targeting his ideal customer better than your client. There is more to business today than just your website
4. They are putting their social media buttons OUT THERE for all to click on- now the FB and Google+ gave no results, but linked in does takes us there. Your FB page has over 500 likes, yet only 19 people visited the sight. It would appear that the likes are purchased and that does not speak well of the company and it's confidence in itself. We all know we are supposed to have organic reach but only 19 people visited the site.
5. Gary Vaynerchuk says to market in the day we are in. Is your client's page mobile optimized? Theirs is and I am sorry to say yours is not. That is a HUGE FACTOR! Everything is mobile today! If a company is given two names, your client's and our competitor's and they looked on a mobile device, I would not choose your client's. There is too much work to use it when on a mobile device on your client's site.
6, Your website is too busy, meaning too much activity and the eye does not know where to go. Remember, left to right. Make the site clean and to the point. Cut down the information if the client allows it and make it to the point and not so wordy.; People don't want to read a lot. See how long my post is. Full of useful information, yet you naturally wanted to read the short postings first. Get the idea?
You can go to our Company website and use our SEO competitive analysis tool SCMMarkets .com. We specialize in SEO which is very hard to keep up with as Google is constantly changing their algorithms which determine your rank. If you would like more information regarding our services I am happy to help.
I like to use Market Samurai to start to dissect a SERP. It should show you the strengths and weaknesses of each result on the first page. It will also track keyword ranking.
My guess is that your competitors are beating you with anchor text links that match that specific SERP.
Check your SPELLING!
Spelling counts. You misspelled android on your URL! That is why you are not going to rank on the first page. The URL page name is hire-andriod-developer.html
Android not Andriod - Fix the page. Update your SiteMap, create redirect and in a little while your ranking will be better.
I hope this helps.
It's hard to know what you mean, exactly, by rank. Are there particular keywords you feel you should be ranking better for?
How long has the competitor's site been online compared to yours? Are their backlinks from sites that are better than the sites from which you get backlinks?
How do the sites compare with respect to site speed?
Any duplicate content problems?
Try running the Screaming Frog or Xenu app against both sites and see what you turn up.
Test, fix, repeat.
There are a dozen or so possible reasons:
- His product is better than yours, been around longer, or is used by more people.
- He pays more for inbound traffic from sources like Adwords and Bing
- He has more content, better organized content, better SEO'ed content, or easier to understand content.
- He makes more regular updates to the site, has a lot of social media connections through the site etc.
This is not a case of a random granting of success and failure. Google uses an algorithm and if you study it, you can go through all of the component parts and determine which one(s) are causing the negative outcome your are experiencing.
If you are a developer, you will likely want to partner with an SEO expert. This is not a developer question. This is an SEO question.
Maybe he is paying more for the click on google ads? he is around 1600000 and your client is around 18000000 place worldwide according to alexa and similarweb. both are competing on a market segment that is ver expensive. The site content might be similar due to the competition fact and thus older site is treated better in general and the new one as a copycat?