Magneto and WooCommerce both are leading platforms for e-commerce sites. Both can make your e-commerce site more functional and effective, but both have some advantages and limitations. Here, I am describing which one should you choose for your e-commerce site and why?
• WooCommerce is a completely free platform. On the other hand, Magneto offers a free community version and as well as some premium versions.
• With WooCommerce, you need to find your own web host. For Magneto, the community version is self-hosted, but premium services include hosting.
• WooCommerce supports unlimited products. While Magneto allows you to add unlimited products.
• WooCommerce supports most of the WordPress themes and offers various customization options. But Magneto offers a theme-based system and a decent variety of options.
• WooCommerce comes with an extension system and provides you with hundreds of options. Magneto also supports extensions and offers a wide variety of options.
• WooCommerce gives basic security features to protect your store. But Magneto offers advanced security features. It also gives dedicated patches to close any vulnerabilities that arise.
• WooCommerce offers all the features you need from an e-commerce solution. Magento, on the other hand, offers several features that WooCommerce lacks without purchasing additional extensions. For example, it supports product reviews, grouped items, wish lists, advanced pricing rules, and product personalization.
• WooCommerce is an easy-to-use platform and hence, this is ideal for the people who are a novice in this field. On the other hand, Magento is an e-commerce platform tailored to web development professionals, and medium to large online stores. Thus, Magneto is recommended for the people who have some basic knowledge of web development.
WooCommerce platform is the better choice for users who don’t need advanced features on their stores from the off. It enables you to get a store up and running quickly and thus, Woocommerce is ideal for small stores. But if you have a big dream and looking for some big platforms for your e-commerce store, then Magneto would be the best choice for you.
If you are a startup, then I suggest you choose a platform based on two factors:
-Ease of use
Taking these two points into consideration, I think WooCommerce is a better option. Both the platforms are open-source, but the Magento offers two editions. First, you have a community edition. You can download and install this yourself on any hosting provider. It does not include all features, and it does not come with any support. Second, you have Magento Commerce which includes paid plans with cloud hosting included. While WooCommerce is completely free of cost.
Magento offers tons of built-in features that work out of the box. WooCommerce is a little easier to use compared to Magento. The installation is simple as many WooCommerce hosting providers will automatically install it for you along with WordPress.
WooCommerce is a powerful plugin for the WordPress platform. It offers all the features you need from an e-commerce solution while retaining the ease-of-use of its parent platform.
Magento is an e-commerce platform tailored to web development professionals, and medium to large online stores. It offers one of the most robust feature sets in the field, which makes it ideal for stores with high aspirations.
It actually depends on your business, target audience, objectives, etc as both are good and popular e-commerce solutions. Magento is a more robust solution as the platform is built only for e-commerce. If you have a wide range of products and expecting a good number of visitors, then Magento is an ideal solution. However, if you're looking for a design-rich e-commerce website with a limited number of products (or concentrating only in a particular niche), then Woocommerce is for you. Woocommerce is actually a plugin which converts the core Wordpress website to an e-commerce one. The advantages of both these are the community and the 'plugins' (called extensions in Magento). These plugins or extensions quickly enables the e-commerce stores with additional features that are not part of the default Magento or Woocommerce software. In Wordpress it particularly easy as it is a one-click download - for example, this plugin called WooCommerce extra product options enables the admin to customize or personalize products based on their requirement. For eg, if the website needs to collect logo images, color theme, engrave texts for design services (and more) from the Woocommerce Product page, this dirt-cheap plugin will help you with an ease. It also has a free version on Wordpress.org. Magento also has a great community with thousands of extensions available to extend the features of the default e-commerce solution.
Magento is a far more complicated and robust eCommerce platform than WooCommerce, which is really just a plugin on top of the core WordPress software. In a nutshell, despite their similarities, they are also very different and the use cases of both platforms are often fairly different due to their strengths and weaknesses.
The only point when you may think to opt WooCommerce over Magento is the bit of complexity offered by the latter.
Apart from this, Magento shines out when compared to WooCommerce. As already mentioned above, WooCommerce is a WordPress Plugin. And WordPress was basically designed to be a versatile CMS and not for online stores.
Magento is a robust platform which is tailored for E-commerce stores only. You can get the Custom Magento Development done according to the needs of your web store and expect it to perform like a pro. (It is already a pro anyways)
Well, if you think that you are a newbie who intends to create a small web business, you may choose WooCommerce. But, if you are planning something big, no other platform than Magento can stand up to your expectations, mind it! Magento makes your investments fruitful and helps you build large stores with extensions and resources for setting up and maintain a functioning Magento website.
Read Here: https://www.ruhanirabin.com/magento-better-ecommerce-platform/
Have you checked out the best picks on this very site? https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7707-best-ecommerce-software.html
The beauty of Woocommerce lies in its plugins, which make makes it so easy to customize. And importantly most of these are free. For example, if you want to personalize your Woocommerce product page, which is not part of the default feature, you can use the Woocommerce product add-ons plugin from Wordpress.org website. You could get this feature free - it's that easy!
According to the experience in supporting worldwide e-commerce store retailers for long years, we realize that Magento is the best choice for opening an e-commerce store.
Magento is user-friendly,
It is highly secure compared to other platforms.
Can customize the store suitable for your selling products.
Magento provides a list of extensions and features.
Allows you to add an unlimited number of products.
...and many more.
So if you are looking to start an e-commerce business, Magento will be the right choice.