It actually depends on your business, target audience, objectives, etc as both are good and popular e-commerce solutions. Magento is a more robust solution as the platform is built only for e-commerce. If you have a wide range of products and expecting a good number of visitors, then Magento is an ideal solution. However, if you're looking for a design-rich e-commerce website with a limited number of products (or concentrating only in a particular niche), then Woocommerce is for you. Woocommerce is actually a plugin which converts the core Wordpress website to an e-commerce one. The advantages of both these are the community and the 'plugins' (called extensions in Magento). These plugins or extensions quickly enables the e-commerce stores with additional features that are not part of the default Magento or Woocommerce software. In Wordpress it particularly easy as it is a one-click download - for example, this plugin called WooCommerce extra product options enables the admin to customize or personalize products based on their requirement. For eg, if the website needs to collect logo images, color theme, engrave texts for design services (and more) from the Woocommerce Product page, this dirt-cheap plugin will help you with an ease. It also has a free version on Wordpress.org. Magento also has a great community with thousands of extensions available to extend the features of the default e-commerce solution.
Have you checked out the best picks on this very site? https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/7707-best-ecommerce-software.html
WooCommerce is a powerful plugin for the WordPress platform. It offers all the features you need from an e-commerce solution while retaining the ease-of-use of its parent platform.
Magento is an e-commerce platform tailored to web development professionals, and medium to large online stores. It offers one of the most robust feature sets in the field, which makes it ideal for stores with high aspirations.
Magneto and WooCommerce both are leading platforms for e-commerce sites. Both can make your e-commerce site more functional and effective, but both have some advantages and limitations. Here, I am describing which one should you choose for your e-commerce site and why?
• WooCommerce is a completely free platform. On the other hand, Magneto offers a free community version and as well as some premium versions.
• With WooCommerce, you need to find your own web host. For Magneto, the community version is self-hosted, but premium services include hosting.
• WooCommerce supports unlimited products. While Magneto allows you to add unlimited products.
• WooCommerce supports most of the WordPress themes and offers various customization options. But Magneto offers a theme-based system and a decent variety of options.
• WooCommerce comes with an extension system and provides you with hundreds of options. Magneto also supports extensions and offers a wide variety of options.
• WooCommerce gives basic security features to protect your store. But Magneto offers advanced security features. It also gives dedicated patches to close any vulnerabilities that arise.
• WooCommerce offers all the features you need from an e-commerce solution. Magento, on the other hand, offers several features that WooCommerce lacks without purchasing additional extensions. For example, it supports product reviews, grouped items, wish lists, advanced pricing rules, and product personalization.
• WooCommerce is an easy-to-use platform and hence, this is ideal for the people who are a novice in this field. On the other hand, Magento is an e-commerce platform tailored to web development professionals, and medium to large online stores. Thus, Magneto is recommended for the people who have some basic knowledge of web development.
WooCommerce platform is the better choice for users who don’t need advanced features on their stores from the off. It enables you to get a store up and running quickly and thus, Woocommerce is ideal for small stores. But if you have a big dream and looking for some big platforms for your e-commerce store, then Magneto would be the best choice for you.
Magento is a far more complicated and robust eCommerce platform than WooCommerce, which is really just a plugin on top of the core WordPress software. In a nutshell, despite their similarities, they are also very different and the use cases of both platforms are often fairly different due to their strengths and weaknesses.