Experienced finance manager with a progressively advancing career in Shipping, Supply Chain Management, Transactional Banking and Banking Operations. Currently employed by one of the top banks in Pakistan, MCB Bank Ltd., as Manager - Home Remittances, Transaction Banking Division.
Home Remittance Manager at MCB Bank Limited
January 2014 - Present
- Maintain existing relationships with foreign Tie-Ups of Home Remittance Department, to increase MCB transaction share, identify opportunities for increasing bank and company market share and profitability.
- Coordinate with Treasury, Operations, Compliance and FI on matters pertaining to funding of NR Accounts, process improvement and risk mitigation.
- Develop marketing plans locally and abroad to increase awareness of MCB and drive business growth.
- Add new tie-ups to portfolio and drive end-to-end integration with MCB systems and increase remittance business to Pakistan.
Relationship Manager - Transactional Banking at KASB Bank
February 2012 - January 2014
- Maintain existing relationships with foreign Tie-Ups of Home Remittance Division – GTS.
- Regular follow-up with Tie-Ups on pre-funding of NR accounts and assessment of transaction volume.
- Compiling of SBP approval letters for on-boarding new tie-ups and regular follow-up for the same.
- Responsible for projects pertaining to integration of Tie-Ups with KASB Bank systems.
- Work closely with various departments of KASB Bank (Compliance, Account Opening, Treasury, Trade Services, Financial Institution, etc.) to execute various matters on a timely basis.
- Work closely with various Inland Distribution Network partners to ensure timely payout of transactions.
- Responsible for various daily, weekly and monthly reports to Business Head and Group Head of GTS.
- Review Monthly Performance Reports for Budget vs. Actual variance, Cost Control, revenue booking, etc.
- Author Concept Papers for various new and existing projects undertaken by Home Remittances – GTS.
- Designated Operational Risk Review Officer.
Business Planning Manager, Corporate & Investment Banking at Silk Bank Limited
October 2009 - May 2010
- Prepare region-wise budgets and forecasts in active consultation with Regional Heads and the Head of Corporate & Investment Banking Group.
- Monitor region-wise results in comparison with budgets and ‘Monthly Performance Report’ variance analysis and in-depth analysis of cost and revenues.
- Prepare Financial Analysis, Newsletters and other MIS reports in a timely, meaningful and easy to understand manner.
- Performing analysis of P&L accounts for all regions to monitor and control leakages of income and expenses limits.
Manager, Operations, Cash Management Division at Habib Bank Limited
September 2007 - September 2009
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting all operations related affairs of the division.
- Delegating tasks assigned by Head of Cash Management to the Operations team members.
- Monitoring the execution of all guidelines set for the smooth flow of Bank’s Transaction Banking Business.
- Improve processes to reduce the TaT while reducing the costs to generate more business along with customer satisfaction.
- Active supervision and monitoring of staff to optimize productivity & quality of department’s output.
- Designated Project Manager for various special projects initialized for streamlining process flow.
Assistant Finance Manager, Single Point of Contact for Procter & Gamble (Finance) at International Brands Limited
January 2007 - September 2007
- Act as a Liaison between Procter & Gamble & IBL Finance and also member of Joint Business Planning (JBP) Team consisting of P&G & IBL cross- functions.
- Assist with project and feasibility analyses focusing on P&G and IBL involvement and aid P&G in developing and implementing credit approval and collection procedures.
- Conducting financial & operational Audits of major IBL branches: Karachi, Islamabad, Faisalabad, etc.
- Providing monthly reports to P&G like P&L, Mode of Sales, Cash Flows etc.
- Liaison with IT to update existing systems as per business needs.
Senior Executive, Operations - Cost Control & Economy at Maersk Line, Pakistan
February 2005 - December 2006
- Book, control, monitor and report monthly operational cost.
- Monitor invoicing and payments to operational vendors and suppliers.
- Develop project feasibility, variance analyses, savings plans, operations budget and report deviations to Region Desk.
- Ensure Operational SOP's and Procurement Guidelines followed.
Internship at Union Bank Pakistan
June 2003 - July 2003
Marketing Department - Conducted a brand image survey of Union Bank.
Creative Writer at RIGHT SOLUTIONS
January 1998 - January 1999
Creative Content, Research & Academic Writing
Institute of Business Administration
Degree: Master of Business Administration
Field of Study: Finance
University of Karachi
Degree: Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
Field of Study: Accounting and Finance
Degree: Chartered Accountancy Foundation
Field of Study: Accounts