Part time / flexible working researcher and analyst. Most recent role has been working within the small business sector within London.
Do you want to maximise your businesses potential through focused market intelligence, I can provide:
• Content For Websites / Blogs - I source relevant and timely content for websites or blogs.
• Market Research – I provide research for new or current markets using reliable industry sources and social media.
• Contact Lists – I provide bespoke contact lists of decision makers.
• Facts for Info-Graphics
Specialties: Excellent researcher, also proficient in data analysis. A good eye for detail and accuracy.
What do you like most about your profession?
I enjoy the variety of clients that I get to work with as a freelance researcher one day you can be finding contacts for a company in Italy and the next day providing statistics for a info-graphic.
Describe a recent client engagement or project.
Provided statistics and competitor information for a clients business plan
What are 3 attributes you need to be successful in your industry?
Accuracy Curiosity Reliability
How are you different than others in your profession?
I am happy to work for a short contract ( ie afew hours ) to answer a quick question.
How do you typically handle disagreements with clients?
I try to avoid them by discussing fully what is expected and realistic before I start, if there are any queries along the way I am always able to accommodate them, its good to keep communicating all the time.
Researcher at Freelance
June 2011 - Present
Provided research and contact lists for Axaill
Associate at Adara Associates.
Social Media research for Ruth Holroyd Marketing
Market Information provided for many clients
Market Analyst at Business Link in London
August 2010 - June 2011
• Produced quarterly Internal Data analysis reports with insightful analysis of data to enable executive to team to make strategic decisions. Analysis includes looking at the most effective channels to reach various customer segments including 5 plus businesses and growth businesses, and the key characteristics of Business Link SMEs.
• Produced monthly and quarterly internal reports on usage of the intranet.
• Ad Hoc research and data analysis for internal purposes.
• Part of a team that ran bi-monthly focus groups to capture soft knowledge from the range of advisors and professionals across the business. This information was then used by executive team shape future decisions.
• During my time at Business Link I also won two internal awards, one voted for by members of staff for “Most helpful member of staff” and one by Managers for “Star” in their team.
Business Information Researcher at Business Link for London
March 2003 - August 2010
• Member of the on demand research team for business advisors, clients and other internal staff.
• Involved in creating a package called “Know Before You Go” - a package that fully prepares business advisors for client meetings. This not only improved customer satisfaction by 14% but also helped the team to win an award at the International Information Industry Awards for “Best Information / Knowledge Team in a Business Environment”
• Created borough reports for London boroughs including geographic information, business sector information, planning information (from UDPs, EDF etc)
• Used a sharepoint and a newsletter as a tool to disseminate information to a team of business advisors.
• Attended business link events and shadowed Business Advisors in order to keep up to date with the changing SME market.
Content Manager at bol.com
April 2000 - August 2002
• In charge of content for the following product lines - film, software and music. My role included making sure that new releases and pre orders were on the website and were available to purchase.
• Worked closely with data providers and in-house editorial staff and ensured the detail of in house catalogue was accurate and up to date.
• Worked closely with the data team in Germany
News Librarian at BBC
June 1998 - April 2000
• Cataloguing - News bulletins were viewed, catalogued and key worded in order to be reused by customers and easily recovered. Cameramen’s rushes tapes were also viewed and kept.
• Enquiries – The News library was open on a 24 hour basis for enquires from customers from within various BBC News areas. I was responsible or dealing with enquiries and advising on copyright. The working environment was typically pressured and fast paced.
Liverpool John Moores University
Field of Study: Information Management
Enfield United Kingdom