Areas of expertise:
* Financial & Strategic Planning
* Business Expansion and Start-Ups
* Tax and Treasury Planning
* Feasibility and Business Analyses
* Complex Business & Tax issues
* Budget Development & Management
* ERP and Other System Implementations
* Internal & External Audit
* Staff management & Development
* General Accounting & Financial Operations
* Mergers & Acquisitions
* Internal Control System & Compliance
Strong in cash forecasts, Budgets, business valuations, IFRS/FICO/Audits.
Sound knowledge of personal computers and associated software applications including: MS Excel, MS Power Point,MS Word,
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) SAGE ACCPAC 300 , SAP, BPCS,Oracle Financials, Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Have extensive hands-on experience in Management, Business Leadership, Corporate Governance, Banking, Insurance and Legal. Demonstrated organizational and negotiation skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, often with conflicting deadlines.
Initiate and direct administrative operations providing quality assurance and quality control.
Possess excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills. Proven ability to work independently as well as perform as a team member
- Strategic Financial Planning
- Cash Flow Planning & Forecasting
- Taxation Planning
- Business Analyses & Feasibilities
- ERP & System Implementations
- Auditing & Risk Management
- Process Reviews,Implementations and Improvements
- Statutory Compliance Implementation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Controller at Zeea
May 2013 - September 2015
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and submission to stakeholders through Sage 300 ERP ACCPAC.
- Prepared cash flow and improved cash flow potential of the company to a great extent.
- Supervise, compile and submit HST/GST, Income Tax and Property Tax matters to Authorities.
- Coordinate with external auditors KPMG for closing of Accounts.
- Ensure timely bank reconciliations of transactions in Sage ERP 300 ACC PAC.
- Prepare various analyses for management control and facilitation.
- Maintain Payroll and distributed payroll through Sage ERP 300.
- Maintain Accounts Payable (in Sage ERP 300 ACCPAC)cycle of invoice entry, payment transactions,supplier coordination and cheque generation.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable(in Sage ERP 300 ACCPAC), invoicing to customers, timely collections and recording of receipts.
- Maintain,prepare and distribute Payroll through Sage ERP 300 ACCPAC.
- Prepared ageing analyses from Sage ERP 300 through AP, AR and Order Entry Modules.
- Coordinate imports from different countries in coordination with shipping agents, clearing and forwarding agents and suppliers.
Senior Manager Finance And Accounts-CFO at Young's Food
June 2012 - January 2013
• Advising the Management on various Strategic matters of the company.
• Book Keeping and Accountancy in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Financial Planning including Budgeting, Forecasting and evaluating variances against Actual.
• External and Internal Audit - Timely completion of audits and reporting to the stakeholders.
• Implementation of various modules of MS Dynamics AX.
• Corporate Taxation, Costing, Fixed Assets and Treasury.
• Implementation of Policies & Procedures for internal controls.
• Achievement of all Reporting deadlines under Statutes, Regulatory, Board of Directors and Management.
• Ensuring proper Internal Control Systems and business processes across the Company specially ERP controls like master file maintenance, access review etc.
Chief Internal Auditor at G4S Wackenhut
June 2010 - June 2012
• Direct and coordinate internal auditing within the Company as an independent appraisal of the various operations and systems of control to determine if acceptable policies and procedures are followed, established standards met, resources are used efficiently and economically, planned missions are accomplished effectively and the organization's objectives are being achieved.
• Counsel and guide auditors to ensure that approved audit objectives are met and practical coverage is achieved.
• Identify those activities subject to audit coverage, evaluating their significance and assessing the degree of risk inherent in the activity in terms of cost, schedule, and quality.
• Train and instruct supportive staff.
• Review and ascertain the reliability of management data developed within the organization. Recommend and develop internal auditing policies, standards of performance, procedures, and programs.
• Perform special reviews as requested by the CEO, Audit Committee and Chairman.
• Determine fiscal requirements of internal auditing operations and prepare budgetary operations. Monitor, verify, and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
• Establishing an internal audit department.
• Preparation, approval and implementation of the Internal Audit Charter.
• Preparation, approval and implementation of Internal Audit Manual.
• Issued internal audit reports on Information Security Management, Credit Management, Procurement, Payroll and Fuel Expenses etc. Also prepared Enterprise risk identification and mitigation matrix for the management.
• Issued Commercial Audit Reports on Guarding Division Pricing Mechanism, System Division Sales Enquiry to Cash Process , Car Rental Expenses and System Division Procurement to Payment Process.
• Hiring and training of the team.
• Preparation of Audit Committee Handbook and Terms of Reference for Audit Committee.
General Manager Financial Accounts PTCL at Etisalat
January 2008 - January 2009
• Complete Book Keeping and Accountancy in SAP environment as process owner of FICO.
• Liaise with the External and Internal Auditors for timely completion of audits.
• Implementation of various SAP modules as representative of finance.
• Achievement of all Reporting deadlines under Statutes, Regulatory (Listing, Telecommunication Authority etc.), Board of Directors, Management and Etisalat Group.
• Ensuring proper Internal Control Systems and business processes across the Company specially ERP controls like master file maintenance, access review etc. Maintenance of Accounting Database in the Company.
• Closed first ever accounts of the company on SAP and got them audited by A.F.Ferguson & Co. – PWC Pakistan with a clear report in December 2008.
• Successful Implementation of various modules of SAP in coordination with the Finance and project team.
Chief Financial Officer-PAPCO at Shell
January 2005 - January 2008
This is a cross country white oil transportation pipeline joint venture of Pak- Arab Refinery Limited-PARCO, Shell , Pakistan State Oil-PSO and Chevron)
• Successful commencement of commercial operations of white oil pipeline and registering PAPCO as a separate entity in the Oil & Gas arena (For Example Oil Companies advisory Committee-OCAC etc.).
• Efficient close of while oil pipeline project
• Successful buildup of complete accounting function independently working for PAPCO.
• Accomplished Management reporting to CFO, CEO, Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
• First-ever preparation and reporting of Budgets, Strategic Plan, Forecast and Other MIS for the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Successful initiation and accomplishment of an independent internal audit function reporting to the Audit Committee.
• Finalization of right of way agreements for the pipeline with PARCO.
• First Submission of claim to the government of Pakistan through approval of CEO and Board of Directors for deficit in the guaranteed throughput of the pipeline.
• Finalization of KMK pipeline tariff for initial transport of White oil during absence of WOP.
• Finalization of term loan agreement and running finance agreements with bankers.
Chief Financial Officer at Chiesi Pharmaceuticals
January 2002 - January 2005
• Achievement of all deadlines of the Group Reporting Calendar. Strategic Plans, Budgets and Forecasts.
• Ensuring timely and proper Statutory and Group External Audits. Change of Auditors from Arthur Andersen to KPMG.
• Timely and successful Implementation of Planning and Reporting System - PRS on Hyperion for Group Reporting.
• Implementation of various Standard Operating Procedures(SOP’s)
• Introduction of independent logistics function in the company.
Financial Manager at Bristol Myers Squibb- BMS Now Glaxo Smith Kline-GSK
March 2000 - May 2002
• Supervision of Corporate Taxation, Costing, Budgeting, Fixed Assets, Treasury Operations including Provident, Pension and Workers’ Profit Participation Funds.
• Implementation of Group Standards for internal controls.
• Master Security Officer of IBM AS 400 and Communication Networks. Specially sent to Bristol Myers Squibb Egypt (Cairo) - Regional Head Office for one week training as Master Security Officer of IBM AS400 and Communication Networks.
• Lead team member of Environment, Health and Safety department of the company.
Article Trainee To Assistant Manager - A.F.Ferguson & Co. Chartered Accountants at PwC
September 1994 - March 2000
Novartis Pharmaceuticals ,Knoll Pharmaceuticals ,Martin Dow Pharmaceuticals Limited, Clariant (Pakistan) Limited, ICI Pakistan Limited – PTA Project, Lakson Tobacco Industries Limited, English Biscuits Manufacturers (Pvt)Ltd., Bahria Foundation(Conglomerated business) Brinks Pakistan Limited, Pakistan National Shipping Corporation, James Finlay Plc, Utility Stores Corporation – Regional Muslim Commercial Bank Limited
• Management consultancy
Demerger of Sandoz and its Pharmaceuticals Division’s Merger with Ciba-Geigy.
Demerger of Novartis Pakistan .
Acquisition of Pharmaceuticals Division of Ciba - Geigy by Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
Takeover of Hoechst-Chemicals by Clariant .
Accountancy Services during merger of GlaxoWellcome for incorporation of Glaxo books on Wellcome’s G/L, maintenance of fund books, preparation of final settlements and packages for Voluntary Retirement Scheme.
Sales Tax Audits as Assistant Collector of Sales tax appointed under S.R.O.504 (I)/98 by the CBR for Dawlance (Private) Limited and Artistic Denim Mills Limited,
Internee-Global Consumer Banking Group at Citi
March 1994 - May 1994
Internee - Customer Services Card Operations at American Express
October 1992 - December 1992
Institute Of Internal Auditors-IIA
Degree: Certified Internal Auditor-CIA
Field of Study: Internal Audit
Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of Pakistan
Degree: Fellow Chartered Accountant FCA
Field of Study: (Accountancy,Economics,Finance And Audit)
Government College Of Commerce And Economics Karachi
Field of Study: Commerce
D.J.Sind Government Science College
Field of Study: Pre-Engineering
Habib Public School
Field of Study: Science
Suite 406, 177 Linus Road.Toronto , ON , M2J 4S5Canada
Toronto, ON Canada