25 of quotes that motivated and inspired us in 2014, hand-picked from the Business.com Quote of the Day.
“The days are long, but the years are short.” – Gretchen Rubin
At this point in the year, we all sit back and say, “how is it already the holidays? How did this year go by so fast?” This year is no different, but when you stop for a minute to think about all of things you accomplished in the past 365 days, it’s pretty amazing.
In order to keep the creativity flowing and the inspiration abundant, we look to the wise words of the people we look up to in business. Here are 25 quotes of our favorite quotes referenced in Business.com’s Quote of the Day in 2014. Sign up now so you don’t miss daily inspiration in 2015!
- Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. – Albert Einstein Tweet this!
- There is little success where there is little laughter. – Andrew Carnegie
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Edison Tweet this!
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. –Arthur Ashe
- The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs...one step at a time. – Joe Girard
- To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart. – Thomas Watson, Sr.
- The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world. – Marc Benioff
- Behold the turtle, he makes progress only when he sticks his neck out. - James B. Conant Tweet this!
- I can’t imagine a person becoming a success who doesn’t give this game of life everything he’s got. –Walter Cronkite
- In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later. – Harold Geneen
- The more you teach positive ideas to others, the better you learn them yourself. – Brian Tracy
- You can't do today's job with yesterday's methods and be in business tomorrow. - Unknown
- Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. – Maya Angelou
- In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it. – Jana Smiley
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. – Margaret Thatcher
- It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up. – Babe Ruth
- If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business. – Ray Kroc
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
- Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers. – Seth Godin
- You do not have to be fearless. Just don’t let fear stop you. – Charlie Day
- Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. – Gloria Steinem
- If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on. – Sheryl Sandberg
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. – Henry David Thoreau