Is your brand getting lost in the crowd? Are you aware of the recent digital marketing trends that are essential for customer acquisition?
The consumer behavior is changing for the better. Nowadays, customers are smarter and have access to information at their fingertips. They just take seconds to make a purchase decision.
How adaptive is your brand to cater to the needs of Gen Y audiences?
The success of a business depends on several factors and you need to ensure that your brand remains ahead of your competitors when it comes to the proper analysis of the latest marketing trends.
Have a look at the below five tactics that are in align with today’s consumer mindset and should be a part of your customer acquisition strategy for 2016 and ahead.
1. Use Marketing Personalization
People love stuff that are customized as per their exact needs. Brands need to capitalize on personalization and offer a seamless experience to the end user. Marketers should reinvent themselves by infusing creativity into their personalization efforts. It totally depends on your own imagination as to how you can use it for both online and offline personalization. Some of the ways you can use personalization are provided below:
- Offer a custom dashboard having stuff sorted by the likes and behaviors of the user.
- Send notifications to users as per their current location.
- Create buyer personas by using online surveys, email newsletters, social media and send the most appealing products to a segmented set of buyers. This will help you to send the best offers related to products that the customers actually want.
- Send email campaigns containing discounts and offers customized as per the purchase history of the customer.
- Consumers want convenience and comfort. Take your personalized marketing message to a level so that it provides one to one customer experience at every touch point.
- Send timely, personalized content and avoid the one-size-fits-all marketing message.
2. Offer a Great Mobile Experience
Gone are the days when brands used mobile website as an extra option. With the rise in smartphones and increasing mobile usage, having a responsive website has become a complete necessity. It is important to choose responsive templates having design that automatically fits the screen resolution of any mobile device.
Brands should focus on optimizing the entire mobile micro-moments that consist of, “I want to know”, “I want to do”,” I want to go” and “I want to buy” moments. Micro-moments are small user behaviors that happen during the entire purchase lifecycle. The brand should stay connected with the consumer at each and every micro-moment and offer an optimized mobile strategy.
Here are some strategies that should be followed to developer richer and deeper mobile customer experiences:
- Keep track of location and time and deliver messages in order to ensure that the customers remain informed in the entire purchase cycle.
- Make use of location extensions in Google Adwords to attract customers who are locally relevant and can be retained easily.
- Search for location tagged content on social media and scale up your efforts to target the most potential customers.
- Make use of App Deep Links to allow indexing of your Android app and enable the users to enter the app from search results.
3. Leverage the Power of Internet of Things (IoT)
The IoT simply means the connection of physical objects, devices, or even people to one another and to the internet. Once the physical objects get connected to with the digital devices, people will have the power to control them without physically touching them. Imagine a universal remote that you can use to switch on/off the lights of your house even when you are kilometers away from home?
Products like Nestcam that allows you to see your home even when you are not physically present around it is a great example of IoT in action. This is a great way to look after your family when you are away. The time is shifting and we are expecting an era where we are able to control physical devices using our mobiles and marketers need to find out a link to target the consumers at just the right moment.
Gartner has predicted that by 2020, brands will have access to data from 25 billion connected things. As a consumer-focused organization, you need to undertake the following activities:
- Use data to automate and deliver services that align with consumer needs and uses the subscription based marketing model.
- Follow up a build-test-run process which requires studying the behavior of the customers and sustaining the experience based on what is learned.
- Create ways to develop a sustainable products that remain connected with the internet and offer a seamless experience to the end users. Such smart products should inform the customer automatically when they require a refill or the next subscription.
4. Engage the Consumers With Virtual Reality and 360-Degree Videos
Consumer experience is changing and people want to have a 360-degree experience of videos sitting right at their homes. The constant improvement in virtual reality technology is making it feasible to adopt.
If you just want to experience what a 360-degree video looks like then head over to the 360-degree experience of Lennon and Maisy Stella singing "A Life That's Good." You can have a breathtaking experience of the entire auditorium where the concert is taking place.
Usage of 360-degree videos in your marketing campaigns can simply boost up your ROI. Tools like Kolor offer a great way to create 360-degree videos for your brand.
Virtual reality has the power to mold the future of marketing. Here are some great ways to leverage the power of virtual reality for brand marketing:
- Let the consumers experience the product before they purchase it. Pharmaceutical companies can create virtual simulators to guide the users about the products, the disease or the sufferings. This will help to create awareness and market the treatment provider.
- Use 3D advertisements to bring life to boring ads.
- Allow your customers to engage virtually so that it widens the scope of interactions.
Related Article:10 Customer Success Tips That Will Skyrocket Your Business
5. Develop a Brand Persona by Conveying Positive Brand Storytelling
People have started skipping ads and it's time for brands to tell stories in order to keep their audiences engaged. Every brand has a story and it is that story that interests the people and helps them to become loyal brand evangelists.
It is up to you to decide which channels you are going to use for cross-channel marketing across the targeted verticals for effective brand storytelling. In fact, best brands are built on great stories. From colors, texture, text, images, facts, emotions, feelings everything should reflect the truth about your brand.
Everything you do to promote your brand, each element of your business, all the messages you deliver both inside and outside of your organization, even your employees are an important part of your brand story and every element should reflect the truth about your brand. Storytelling is an art and it should convey the truth in a compelling manner to your audiences.
Successful brands hire data architects and brand creative content directors who focus on consumer's emotional involvement and use social media to create content marketing stories that bring out the positivity of the brand.
One important thing to note here is that brand storytelling is not advertising and companies should not prepare sales pitches to invoke emotional sentiments. Including personalities in the stories works great as it helps to develop a brand persona that audiences will love, get inspired of and start to follow.