Plant seeds of success with agricultural marketing.
- The success of your agriculture business is dependent on the effective use of strategic marketing, including the ideal types of marketing options and utilizing these sources effectively.
- Input marketing and product marketing both are effective means of advertising, but each are best suited for its own specific type of agriculture processes.
- Agricultural marketing is beneficial for increases farm income, eliminating economic waste, widening markets and more.
Agriculture advertising is a vital component for the success of your business. An ad agency focused on agriculture marketing can give you targeted advice on marketing strategies to increase your bottom line and establish media relationships that will serve you well into the future. With the current economic climate, increased brand awareness through consistent media exposure is the best way to keep your company name in front of your potential customers.
Agricultural marketing is more important than ever since the economy is in a constant state of flux and your marketplace is growing more competitive each passing day. Direction from agriculture advertising agencies will help you get the maximum return on your marketing investment by applying their specific expertise to your area of agriculture.
There are six basic areas of agriculture marketing:
- Commodities marketing is agriculture ads for products coming from the earth.
- Wholesale agriculture advertising is farming advertisements.
- Retail agriculture advertising is marketing for retail outlets.
- Farmer's market advertising is promoting farmers selling to the consumer.
- Green industry marketing is agricultural advertisements promoting plants, flowers, Christmas trees and seeds to distribution channels.
- Processed foods marketing is agricultural ads for dairy, meat and poultry industries.
Importance of agricultural marketing
Agricultural marketing plays an essential role in stimulating production and consumption as well as the pace of economic development. Here are several reasons why agricultural marketing is important.
Output management and optimization of resource use
When an agricultural marketing system is efficient it leads to optimized output management and resource use. It increases the marketable surplus by reducing the losses that may come from inefficient processing, storage and transportation, ultimately aiding in the ability to sustain faster growth in the agricultural sector.
Increased income for farmers. If the marketing system is efficient, it provides higher income for the farmers because the number of middlemen is reduced. With an efficient system, the farmers get better prices for their products, which encourages them to increase productivity and production, leading to another increase in income.
Widening markets. An efficient agricultural marketing system helps widen the market for the product by providing the product to areas that far away from the point of growth. When the market is widened, it helps to increase the demand on a continued basis, guaranteeing a greater income for the farmer.
Eliminated economic waste. The marketing system is crucial for the success of the development program, which is designed to encourage the population as a whole. An economic development plan that is geared toward the diminishment of poverty to the agricultural population, eliminates economic waste and reduces consumer food prices is an efficient agricultural marketing plan.
Price signals. Efficient marketing systems help farmers when planning their production to meet the needs of the economy.
- Multiple functions/benefactors. Agricultural marketing is productive for the farmer as well as other benefactors. For instance, the processing function adds to the product by changing a raw material into a finished product, which makes the product more useful than it was in the form in which it was produced by the farmer. For example, converting wheat into flour and then into bread. So there are many benefactors that can profit from the original production of the product, including transportation, storage, retailer and consumer.
Types of agricultural marketing
Agricultural marketing covers all services involved, from the growth of the product to distribution and finally to the consumer. These services include planning, proper transportation, handling of agricultural produce, and storage facilities in such a way to satisfy the farmer, the transporter and storage facilities, and consumers. The different types of agricultural marketing include two processes: input marketing and product marketing.
- Input marketing deals with the marketing of farm inputs to farmers. For example, the fertilizers, diesel, electricity, farm machinery and pesticides
- Product marketing means the marketing of the goods following cultivation. This movement consists of farmer, primary trader, wholesaler, importer, exporter, retailer, and, finally, consumer.
Utilize agriculture advertising agencies to relate to your customers
Public relations in agricultural advertising is about managing relationships and gaining positive exposure for your company. Agriculture marketing services have a better understanding of the unique aspects of your business and strong established relationships with the media in your marketplace.
Direct marketing efforts with agricultural advertisements
Agriculture ads targeted directly to your consumers, or direct marketing, is a traditional and effective means of advertising. This method, which involves direct mail, email marketing and telemarketing, provides an easy way to track and measure your responses. Direct marketing in agriculture allows you to track your return on investment for each campaign so you can get the most bang for your buck.
Leverage internet opportunities for agricultural marketing
Agriculture advertising and marketing online is becoming more widespread in the industry. The dissemination of information at a lower cost than traditional print advertising and the interactive component of online marketing make it a great way to reach a global audience on a budget.
The National Agri-Marketing Association provides networking opportunities within the industry and keeps you up-to-date with industry news that affects your business.