Copper clad aluminum wire, commonly abbreviated as CCA, is composed of a thin layer of copper over an aluminum core with the copper ...
Copper clad aluminum wire, commonly abbreviated as CCA, is composed of a thin layer of copper over an aluminum core with the copper making up ten percent of the wire’s volume. Copper clad aluminum is particularly useful in high-quality coils where weight matters like in mobile coils. For example, voice coils in headphones and portable loudspeakers should be light.
Copper clad aluminum wire is also used in overhead coaxial cable for high frequency television signals. It replaces copper as a grounding conductor on structures. Some of the benefits of copper clad aluminum wire are:
1. Copper clad aluminum (CCA) wire is less expensive than copper wire.
2. CCA wire is lighter than copper wire.
3. CCA wire has higher conductivity than aluminum wire.
4. CCA wire has higher tensile strength than aluminum wire.
5. CCA wire offers better solderability than aluminum wire.
6. CCA wire offers equal corrosion resistance to copper wire.
7. CCA wire offers equal signal frequency to copper wire.
8. CCA wire is easier to install than copper wire.
9. CCA wire is more flexible than copper wire.
Purchase copper clad aluminum wire online for electronics applicationsCopper clad aluminum wire is especially suitable for high frequency applications. Even though it is comprised of 90% aluminum, its high frequency electrical properties are equal to solid copper.
Contact copper clad aluminum wire manufacturers who serve the automotive industryThe strong economic advantage that copper clad aluminum has over pure copper makes it a logical choice to replace the more than 45 pounds of copper wire that are found in a typical automobile's wiring.
Buy copper clad aluminum wire and cable for the telecommunications industryCopper clad aluminum wire is the standard material for the center conductor in the cable television industry. The reduced weight of copper clad aluminum wire provides lighter cables which reduces shipping costs, stress on reels, stress on strand wires and frictional force in conduit pulls.
- When installing copper clad aluminum wiring, the terminal preparation of the wire should be properly made to avoid any effects from the potential difference between copper and aluminum.
- Copper clad aluminum wire is available in round, flat, square and rectangular shapes.
- Copper clad aluminum wire is less likely to be stolen than pure copper.