If you are a fledgling special events planner, it may be time to get some help from event planning organizations. Whether you ...
If you are a fledgling special events planner, it may be time to get some help from event planning organizations. Whether you specialize in corporate meetings, charity fundraisers or perfectly planned weddings, getting involved with your peers will help grow your business.
Not sure if joining an event planning association is necessary to build your small business? Here are the top benefits:
1. Joining a well-known professional organization will give you access to people who've been in the business for years and are ready and willing to help you.
2. You can participate in a trade show to connect with vendors from all over the world. Many trade shows also incorporate educational seminars for event planners to attend.
3. You'll shine when you get professional certification from your organization. You will show passion for your profession, and you will add instant credibility to your event planning business.
Pick the right event planners associationResearch the various event planning organizations. Join a national association of event planners, and then connect with your local group. If there's not one in your city, get involved with your state chapter.
Catch some excitement at an event planners association trade showAttend an industry sponsored trade show. You can pump some fresh blood into your business with all the new ideas you'll get.
Get certification from an association of event plannersProfessional development is critical if you want to pursue your business seriously. Event planning is a field where change is constant and important. Stay up-to-date with workshops offered by national and local groups.
- Find out which member benefits are free and which will cost you. In addition to annual dues, some event and conference planning organizations charge extra for critiquing publicity materials or for one-on-one consultation to discuss your business needs.
- Buying health insurance can be a budget buster for the small business owner. You may be able to purchase reasonably priced insurance through event planning professional associations.