A career in telecommunications is a promising one, since communication options are constantly changing and growing. Proper training in ...
A career in telecommunications is a promising one, since communication options are constantly changing and growing. Proper training in telecommunications either in a classroom or in the field is a necessity for a career in this industry.
Those interested in a career in telecommunications have many options for telecommunications education. When searching for telecommunications education and training programs, you must:
- Compare and contrast all relative programs and telecommunication courses.
- Determine the depth of your personal and career interest in telecommunications.
- Have a reasonable interest in other areas related to telecommunications as well such as computer science, business and technology.
Complete a certificate program in telecom educationA certificate program provides training in telecommunications for technical careers in telecom installation, repair technicians, cable splicers and mechanical engineers.
Work toward an Associate's degree in telecommunicationsThese telecommunication courses will provide you with a basic knowledge of telecommunications systems, technologies and industry trends. An Associate's degree ensures an entry-level position in telecommunications, and provides more opportunity for advancement within the field.
ITT Technical Institute and Westwood College.
Get a Bachelor's degreeBachelor of Science telecommunications training courses focus on telecom fundamentals, technology applications, management training, engineering and communications.
Ellis College, Weber State University or Murray State University.
Get a Master's degree in telecommunicationsA Master's in telecommunications can prepare you for a career in telecommunications management. The program provides in-depth training in telecommunications, business and management training.
DePaul University, Pace University or Ball State.
- Be able to adjust and adapt to a changing industry.
- Speak to telecommunications professionals about their daily jobs.
- Shadow a telecommunications professional to see what the job is like.