Travel the country, work three days a week and make a good living. Sound far-fetched? It is possible if you make your living in ...
Travel the country, work three days a week and make a good living. Sound far-fetched? It is possible if you make your living in concessions. Many concession trailer and mobile food cart owners love the freedom that comes with traveling to carnivals, festivals and concerts. To get the most from vending cart business:
1. Decide on the right trailer or cart set-up for your concession.
2. Figure out what storage space you need to carry all of your equipment and product.
3. Schedule events in advance that will keep your cart/trailer in business.
Hot dog vending cartsHot dog trailers and vending carts come in a variety of styles suitable for either indoor or outdoor use. Prices typically range from about $2,000 to $10,000, but some smaller models and used food vending trailers can be purchased for less.
vending carts at Business.com.
Food concession trailersHot dogs haven’t cornered the market on concessions. If it can be served on a stick or through a window, you can have custom-made food concession trailers made to order. Food concession trailers run from under $10,000 upwards of $25,000.
Other specialty concession trailers and mobile food cartsIf you’d prefer to serve a specialty food item, look for manufacturers who sell food carts that serve barbeque, cotton candy, smoothies and more.
Business.com or suppliers like 800BuyCart.com, MagnoliaCarts.com or TurnkeyParlor.com.
- Equipment, such as stoves and refrigeration systems, are often built into vending carts and concession trailers.
- Decide how you will transport food carts or food vending trailers. If you choose a towable trailer, make sure it is D.O.T. approved and it is able to be licensed, wired for taillights and generally road-ready. Regulations differ from state-to-state, so check out your state’s licensing requirements.
- Before you hire your vending carts out for business, make sure you’ve passed muster with the county health department and you’ve gotten all vending licenses and permits to sell concessions.