If you identify with two or more of the following character traits, congratulations! You’ve found your office doppelganger from the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company.
- You’re in a position of power, yet those around you wonder how you got there.
- You’ve made many trips to HR for making too many “that’s what she said” jokes at inappropriate times.
- You call unnecessary meetings and are involved in office gossip.
- You have a negligent management style and prioritize birthdays over sales goals.
- You want to be loved by all and have an extreme desire to be the center of attention.
- You’re a sales or marketing guy.
- You’re a certified smart ass, but a loveable kind. Everybody likes you.
- You view your job as a job and nothing else, keeping to yourself the majority of the time.
- You’re okay with office romances, as long as things stay private.
- You’re constantly saying something sarcastic under your breath.
- You’re bored with your job and wonder if you’re wasting your life away.
- You’re an office administrator or assistant.
- You too are okay with dipping the pen in company ink.
- You’re generally shy, but you do your job well and are extremely patient with your supervisor, even when he tries to date your mom.
- Your job is a job, and you do it well, but your real passion lies elsewhere. You may have left your job a time or two to pursue that passion, but in the end you missed your company and your colleagues.
- You’ll go the extra mile to make others happy, but you enjoy being in on other people’s pranks.
- You’re militant about everything you do, say, and wear; and because of this quality, you’re one of the highest ranked employees.
- You lack all social skills and demand authority from all, apart from your boss (whom you view as a God).
- Sometimes, you’re arrogant and domineering, so people like to ruffle your feathers.
- You have an affinity towards regulation, Battlestar Galactica, weapons and beet farming.
- You’re soft-spoken and generally try to stay clear of overly-chatty individuals.
- You find yourself to be the brunt of many people’s jokes, because you’re generally passive and you’re in HR.
- You have a very sad, sad crush on someone in the office who never seems to notice you (and you’ve considered fleeing the country in self-pity).
- Your relationship with the head honcho is strained on behalf of his constant inappropriateness.
- You’re a customer service representative, which is fitting as you’re extremely talkative.
- You’re a teenage girl in an adult body, preferring to talk about boys, office gossip and fashion.
- You spend 75% of your time at work online shopping, updating your Facebook status, or annoying your introverted colleagues.
- You want to get married and have babies with the office temp, but he can barely stand you (until you two run away together).
- You’re in the finance department and see things in very black and very white.
- You generally disapprove of colleagues’ behavior, and sometimes your words can be condescending, judgmental and cold.
- You frown on all things tasteless and frivolous, unless you’re talking about your hoard of cats. You have a deep-rooted passion for your pets.
- You’re in a management position, but you can feel insecure at times and resort to anger when frustrated.
- You were groomed in an Ivy League and always arrive at the office wearing a sweater-vest, colored pants, bowties and anything J. Crew.
- You love giving nicknames to everyone in the office, like “Big Tuna” and “Big Turkey".
- Sometimes your arrogance annoys others, but they all know you mean well.
Related Article: Personality Disorders that Get You Hired
- You, to an extreme extent, are okay with saying inappropriate things in the office.
- You like to party and come to work every so often with a hangover.
- You get hurt on the job for unrelated things- like your boss hitting you with his car or being sprayed in the face with a fire extinguisher.
- You’re technically in quality assurance, but no one really knows what you’re up to.
- You’re older than the rest of your colleagues and was once a full-blown hippie.
- You’re incredibly mysterious (sometimes strange) and steal things around you.
- You’re a sales rep.
- You’re a sweet, motherly figure to those around you and are in a loving relationship with your husband.
- You take your bosses crude words too personally sometimes, and you can sometimes be passive aggressive with those you butt heads with.
- If you had the chance to be stranded forever on an island, you would take nothing but your Sudoku or weekly crosswords.
- You’re in your job for the money, and generally dislike all company get-togethers.
- People would love to see you smile a little more.
- Sometimes you feel alone in the office, thinking you’re the only normal person.
- You’re rational, most likely an accountant, quiet and smart.
- You tend to be realistic, when the ideas of your colleagues seem outrageous.