Pick and pack services offer end-to-end product fulfillment - selecting items (from stock or a warehouse) for each order, packaging ...
Pick and pack services offer end-to-end product fulfillment - selecting items (from stock or a warehouse) for each order, packaging them and shipping them to customers. Pick and pack services are ideal for companies with packaging needs that vary from one order to the next. Companies often turn to an outside pick and pack service when their order volume grows to the point where employees have to work overtime to get orders out the door.
What to look for in pick and pack fulfillment vendors:
- A pick and pack service that provides warehousing services.
- Product fulfillment services that include product assembly and kitting (packaging related items together).
- A pick and pack service that will send an e-mail confirmation to your customers when their order is shipped.
Work with experienced pick and pack servicesMany fulfillment houses offer pick and pack services along with optional services, such as building custom cartons and pallets.
Look for product fulfillment companies that offer online order trackingKnowing where your orders are at any time of day or night is essential to efficient product fulfillment. Being able to keep tabs on your orders even when you're away from the office is a necessity if your business requires you to travel frequently.
Find a pick and pack service providerWith so many product fulfillment companies offering a wide range of pick and pack services, it pays to shop around.
- The best way to find a reliable vendor is to get a referral from another company that uses pick and pack fulfillment services.
- Before hiring a pick and pack service, ask for a complete list of services they'll provide, complete with the fee for each service.
- Beware of pick and pack services that charge hidden fees, such as order-entry fees and unreasonable mark-ups for packaging supplies.