Portable projectors whether digital, ultra or overhead are often considered essential to the on-the-go business person on making ...
Portable projectors whether digital, ultra or overhead are often considered essential to the on-the-go business person on making presentations in unpredictable environments. New technology has afforded lighter portable projectors at cheaper prices.
When shopping for a portable project consider:
- Size and weight. To truly be portable a portable projector should weigh less than 6 or 7 pounds. The smaller the portable projector, the easier it is to pack and transport. An ultra-portable projector should weigh less than 5 pounds.
- Brightness. A portable projector with more than 2,000 ANSI lumens is best to provide crisp images for areas with a lot of ambient light. Portable projectors with 1,500 to 2,000 ANSI lumens will do fine in areas with some ambient light. For the presenter in a dark room, 800 ANSI lumens will fit the bill.
- Connectivity. Obviously, the more connectivity ports the portable projector contains, the more flexibility you will have. Does the portable projector have a USB port or outlet for video? What about wireless capability?
- Resolution. Portable projectors offer a variety of resolutions: SVGA (800 x 600), XGA (1024 x 768), SXGA (1280 x 1024) or UXGA (1600 x 1200). The larger the resolution, the sharper the presentation.
Compare portable projector prices and featuresDo some research to find the portable digital projector, portable overhead projector or ultra portable projector with the features that fit your needs and the price to match your budget. When reviewing digital portable projectors, consider if you want an LCD portable projector or a DLP portable projector. An LCD portable projector typically projects sharper images and is good for projecting details like numbers, while its DLP counterpart provides a higher contrast and is especially good for projecting video images.
Search for deals on portable digital projectors and ultra-portable projectorsYou can buy a portable projector online at a discount price.
Remember presentation software for your portable projectorIf you don't have it already, you will need to purchase presentation software to dazzle your audiences with lively presentations on your portable digital projector.
- Be on the lookout for micro-portable projectors; smaller than ultra-portable projectors, micro-portable projectors will fit in your pocket and connect to your smart phone or hand held computer.