A person's home is their castle, and nothing can reflect a personality in a home better than custom window treatments. Selling ...
A person's home is their castle, and nothing can reflect a personality in a home better than custom window treatments. Selling window treatments can be a challenge, but with the right resources, you can offer your customers window treatments for the home that will both reflect their personality and suit their needs. Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Learn before you begin selling. Classes and credentials will make your job of selling easier.
- Find sources for your basic supplies.
- Partner with a reputable fabric company.
- Look for accessories that will make your custom window treatments stand out from the crowd.
- Don't overlook the need for blinds and shades that will set off your window treatments.
Learn about the business of home window treatmentsKnowing how to sew and having a flair for decorating aren't enough when you are selling window treatments for the home. You also need training that will help convince your potential customers you can do the job.
Get the necessary supplies for your window covering businessWhether you have a home, retail, or mail order window treatments business, you are going to need some basic supplies.
Custom window treatments need custom fabricHaving the right fabric is the key to making your curtains or draperies sell. Custom window treatments demand a special fabric, and there are many fabric companies to choose from.
Be sure to offer window covering hardware and accessoriesFabric isn't all you'll need for your window treatment business. You'll also need hardware, linings, and other essentials that give your window covering that special flair.
Custom made window treatments need patternsPatterns for your home window treatments are essential.
Window covers are more than just draperiesCustom window treatments can be more than draperies. Shades, blinds, and shutters should also be offered by your whole house window treatments business.
- Shop around the wholesalers just as you would in a retail store. Many offer special sales and payment plans that may help you run your window treatment business more effectively.