Twitter for Business can be an invaluable tool to get your brand out there. Here are the top benefits of using Twitter for your business.
- Twitter is one of the most widely used web 2.0 tools for businesses.
- Some benefits of using Twitter for Business is that it allows you to gain direct access to celebrities and public figures, boost your brand awareness, and more.
- Some tips for using Twitter for Business are to keep your profile public, engage with your followers, and make sure your Twitter name is as close to your company name as possible.
For those who are yet unaware, Twitter has been one of the most popular social media platforms for quite some time. However, many people are still unsure of the true value behind Twitter. This application is not a time-wasting social utility. If used properly, it is a powerful individual and business tool.
The most obvious value of becoming a frequent Twitterer is the SEO benefit. Search engine optimization is crucial in today's business world; every company should strive to be on the first page of Google for relevant keyword searches. To achieve this, you must be great at what you do and write valuable content on your field of expertise. Twitter allows you to publish short (280-character) posts, which will appear on the feeds of all your followers. If other Twitter members find your content interesting, they will follow you so they can see all your future posts. The more followers you have, the greater your credibility will become, and your search engine ranking will consequentially increase.
Twitter for Business
According to Business News Daily, Twitter for Business is a marketing tool wherein businesses use the social media platform to create social media campaigns that help them boost sales, brand recognition and customer service. For brands looking to establish themselves online and increase sales, Twitter can be a cost-effective method of achieving these goals. Many businesses use Twitter because it allows them to present their brands, products and services to millions of people in an instant.
Benefits of using Twitter for Business
According to AIS Media, these are the top benefits of using Twitter for Business:
Celebrity presence: Using Twitter can allow you direct access to high-profile individuals such as celebrities, CEOs, and other public figures.
Brand awareness: Having a Twitter profile allows you to increase the awareness of your brand.
Content promotion: Another major benefit of Twitter for Business is that it allows you to promote your content, such as your company's blog and videos.
Website traffic: One great benefit of using Twitter for your business is that you can use it to redirect traffic to your website.
- Real-time intelligence: Twitter for Business can also allow you to gather competitive intelligence and insights in real time.
Along with the inherit SEO benefit, Twitter is valuable in several other ways. Firstly, it is a lightning-fast form of communication to a large group. You can keep colleagues, partners and friends up to date on breaking news or insider information within seconds of finding out. With Twitter apps for iOS and Android, it is just one click away. Once logged in, you can quickly type your message and click "update," and within a second, all your followers receive the message.
Twitter can also integrate with corporate and personal blogs. This way, any Twitter updates you make on the road will automatically feed to your blog. Twitter is also a valuable tool at large events, such as conventions. Instead of the conventional Q&A session at the end of speeches, a screen can be set up on stage and the audience members can tweet their questions, which will appear on the big screen so everyone can understand the question without the usual confusion.
These are just a few of the ways Twitter can offer value to the business world. Now it is time for you to get Twittering and figure out some ways this tool provides personalized value.
Tips for using Twitter for your business
- According to Social Media Today, you should keep your profile public so anyone can view it.
- Engage with your audience as much as possible. This includes liking and retweeting their tweets, sending them direct messages, and following them back.
- Make sure your Twitter name is either your company name, your full personal name or a keyword you are targeting for your SEO strategy.
- Sign up for the Twitter feed to link all your blogs to your Twitter account, which will post a short summary tweet of all posts you make on your company or individual blog.
- Be as active as possible in your tweets. Otherwise, your Twitter account will have zero impact on your search engine rankings.
- Customize your public Twitter page by adding your company logo and colors. This will slowly but surely help you build brand recognition.
- Link your Twitter feed to your company or personal blog to cross-promote two of your most valuable communication platforms.
Adding widgets like this will also make you look tech savvy and innovative (especially if you are not in your 20s or early 30s).
- Follow Twitterers who have similar expertise to you. They are the most likely to find your tweets valuable and engage with you because of their greater understanding of the topic.
- If you travel frequently, you should add the Twitter app to your phone. Your tweets hold tremendous value; your followers will receive educational and engaging information from you even when you are thousands of miles away. Humans love having knowledge of something important that the majority of the population will not find out till the news announces it, which turns your traveling tweet journal into a well-followed and value-adding asset to hundreds (or even thousands) of consumers and professionals in your industry.