While PostcardMania offers a basic postcard printing price guide on its website, the full cost of a direct mail marketing campaign depends on many factors. As such, the final price tag will differ from one campaign to another.
To find out how much a potential campaign would cost with PostcardMania, we used the same basic criteria we did for all the companies: The hypothetical campaign requires 5,000 full-color 4 x 6 postcards, to be designed by the company, and an accompanying mailing list of 5,000 households.
After discussing this campaign with a sales representative, we learned that the total cost of products and services (without sales tax) would be $1,492. The costs broke down as follows:
- 5,000 postcards: $768 at approximately 15 cents per piece
- Design services: $199
- Addressing 5,000 postcards: $275
- Resident/occupant mailing list for 5,000 homes (three uses within 90 days): $250
Postage costs are invoiced and paid separately. Once the mailers are ready to be shipped, the cost is calculated based on current USPS rates.
We ran another estimate, this time for a campaign that included PostcardMania's Everywhere Small Business feature. For a 5,000-piece campaign, the cost was $1,200. However, there are additional monthly fees for this service after the initial three-month period
The features of PostcardMania's direct mail service are what really differentiate it from other companies. According to the company's website, its direct mailing solution takes a "Swiss Army knife" approach to this particular type of marketing.
If you design a direct mail marketing campaign with PostcardMania, here are some of the features you will have at your disposal:
- Quick turnaround: The time it takes for a campaign to be printed and shipped largely depends on the company and how many pieces need to be produced. According to PostcardMania, its average turnaround is three to four weeks. Broken down even further, that time includes three to five business days for the first proof, six days to print, and approximately one week to ship everything out.
- Flexible design options: Like other direct mailing companies, PostcardMania gives you a choice between uploading your own postcard designs and hiring its in-house team to create something new for you. This process can take up to two days, though more complex graphic design options can take three or four days. What makes this feature impressive is that it allows you to make an unlimited number of revisions before anything goes to print, giving you ample opportunity to perfect your message.
- Other mailer types available: While this review focuses on PostcardMania's postcard options, which include standard 4.25 x 6 cards and larger 6 x 11 postcards, the company can also print folders, door hangers, business cards and other items.
PostcardMania offers two main campaign options: Direct Mail 2.0 and Everywhere Small Business. Here's what you can expect from each:
Direct Mail 2.0
Featuring four distinct steps that integrate the power of the internet with the company's direct mailing efforts, PostcardMania's Direct Mail 2.0 aims to bolster customer engagement with the following marketing techniques:
- Like other direct mail solutions, the company will send out postcards to your targeted mailing list. If this is successful, those homes will turn into new customers or leads.
- Using a proprietary "cutting-edge barcode technology system," PostcardMania tracks the entire mailing process, allowing you to see exactly when your postcards reach your targeted households.
- When someone visits your business's website through the link provided in the direct mail campaign, it triggers an "automatic follow-up system." Text and visual ads matching the postcards and powered by Google will follow your visitors around as they surf the web.
- Each campaign comes with a unique phone number that forwards to your business's normal phone line. Each call to the special phone number is tracked and each conversation recorded so you can monitor how your employees handle potential clients.
Like other add-ons, Direct Mail 2.0 comes at an additional cost. The company says this is "pennies per piece," but the exact price depends on the complexity of the campaign.
Everywhere Small Business
If the tracking and advertising options of Direct Mail 2.0 aren't enough for your needs, PostcardMania's Everywhere Small Business option gets your business in front of Facebook and Instagram users as well. This feature works like Direct Mail 2.0, except it also displays targeted ads using your direct mail campaign's assets on the social media platforms. It has a stronger phone call tracking system that displays a caller's full name, address, gender and age.
According to the estimate we received, Everywhere Small Business costs an extra 24 cents per piece, resulting in a $1,200 charge for 5,000 postcards. How much this feature costs to add to your mailing may differ, depending on the specifics of your postcard marketing campaign.
PostcardMania offers many different options for creating a targeted mailing list. The Everywhere Small Business option goes beyond print mailing, helping you reach customers via their social media accounts. Based on our experience, the company's highly personable and helpful customer service team will guide you toward the right offering for your business's needs.
This provider may not be ideal if your business can't pay in full upfront for your chosen package. Additionally, PostcardMania's residential mailing lists are only available for three uses in a 90-day period, limiting your options for campaign length.
During our research, we had an exemplary customer service experience with PostcardMania. When we reached out as a potential customer, the customer service representative not only showed interest in our hypothetical company, but also asked follow-up questions to get a quote together for us quickly. They sent that quote directly to us by email.
Their answers to our questions were easy to understand, and they were friendly through the entire process.
In case you don't want to speak with someone over the phone, PostcardMania offers live chat and a FAQs section on its website.