Ready to Contribute Expert Content?
Ready to contribute content to Business.com? Great! We can't wait to hear what you've got to say. We are always looking for new experts to join the ranks of our content contributors.
If you're an expert working in your field – whether as an employee, entrepreneur or consultant – we'd love to help you share your expertise with our readers and the Business.com community. Please keep in mind we are a B2B community with a focus on small business. Whatever you've got to say, please be sure it's of interest to our audience. Here are some suggested topics:
- Social media
- Growth strategy
- SMB problem-solving – first-person accounts are great!
- Advice on how to purchase, choose or best use small business tools, products and services
- Operations problem-solving and skills
You can contribute as frequently as you like, but a few times a month is ideal. We may edit your content for quality, clarity and length, but we will try to keep it as close to the original as possible.
If you're ready to apply, click here. But before you do, a few things to keep in mind:
- We are seeking experts only. We are not accepting applications from bloggers, freelancers or SEO/content marketers.
- We accept original content only. Please do not submit plagiarized material or an article that you, as the author, are aware has previously been published elsewhere (or that contains significant portions of an article that have already been published – e.g., from another online publication or from a prior blog post for your company).
- We do not accept "roundup" articles that endorse specific products or services – e.g., "The 10 Best Apps for Small Business Owners." We also ask that you not send us an article with a niche focus (including an article that pertains to one type of business or industry).
- We do not currently accept infographics from third parties. If you submit an infographic, it must be created by the company you represent.
- We do not allow images created or taken by third parties or stock photography. (Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about images or to submit an image.)
- We do not accept articles that contain interviews or quote third parties. The writing must represent your point of view, not quote someone else.
- We allow one link to your company's website. (Additional links to it will be removed.) Please ensure all other links are informative and add depth to your article; in other words, you can link to a study by another company, but don't link to the company's homepage. When you cite a statistic or other data from a third party, link the phrase to the source. (This is all the citation necessary. Do not use other citation styles, such as bibliographies or footnotes.)
- We are working hard to accept only high-quality content. Even if you are approved, if we don't love the quality of your content, we may reject it.
Now that that's out of the way, let's see what you've got to offer. While we don't pay for content, we promise to share your content with our Business.com community and sometimes with our social community. We hope you'll share on social media, too. Ready to apply? Go here.