Go Answer is our pick as the best call center for inbound services. It offers multiple plans that support any monthly call volume, from 100 minutes to 10,000 minutes. If one of their plans doesn't suit you, you can negotiate a custom plan that includes the services you need at the call volume that your business typically experiences. Go Answer's customer service was exceptional – we found it to be the best of all the companies we contacted as part of our review of call centers.
To see all of our call center service recommendations, visit our best picks page.
Go Answer offers competitive pricing; however, the best per-minute usage rates are found at the highest volume levels. Go Answer is not a tiered service, meaning all core features are included with your plan regardless of the monthly subscription that you select. Some call centers restrict features based on the selected package, so this is a welcome aspect of Go Answer's services.
- Pay as you go: $50 per month, plus a $1.15 per-minute overage fee
- 100 minutes: $110 per month, plus a $1.10 per-minute overage fee
- 250 minutes: $250 per month, plus a $1.00 per-minute overage fee
- 500 minutes: $475 per month, plus a 95 cent-per-minute overage fee
- 1,000 minutes: $900 per month, plus a 95 cent-per-minute overage fee
- 2,500 minutes: $2,200 per month, plus a 90 cent-per-minute overage fee
- 5,000 minutes: $4,200 per month, plus a 90 cent-per-minute overage fee
- 10,000 minutes: $8,200 per month, plus a 90 cent-per-minute overage fee
- Custom plan: If you require more minutes or specialized service, Go Answer's sales department can develop a custom package for your business.
Most features are included with Go Answer, but there are a few add-on features. These add-on services, and their rates, are as follows:
- Interactive voice response menu: 15 cents per minute
- Sub-accounts: $10 per month
- Additional phone numbers: $10 per month, per phone number
Go Answer is a month-to-month service; there are no long-term contractual commitments. You can change your plan at any time, as needed, based on expected call volume, making Go Answer a scalable service suitable for growing companies or seasonal businesses with varying call volumes.
If your business needs dedicated agents, Go Answer has one of the lowest per-hour prices: $14.50 per hour. However, the call center requires you to hire a minimum of five dedicated agents on a team that works full eight-hour days, which can be pricey. But if your company has a high call volume or you conduct uniquely tailored outbound campaigns, then using dedicated agents is a cost-effective solution.
The service charges a one-time setup fee of $75, but that fee is only charged if you take advantage of Go Answer's one-month free trial. The setup fee is higher than other call center services we investigated, but the free trial period is also longer than others, too.
Call Center Features
Go Answer provides all the major inbound services you would expect from a call center. The company also offers outbound call center services upon request. Here's more about its call center features, all of which are available regardless of the monthly subscription package you choose.
- Live answering: Go Answer offers live answering 24/7/365 to assist your company in answering calls during business hours, after hours, to handle any overflow or around the clock. Agents answer the phone using a customized script that you provide to ensure all calls are handled professionally and are consistent with your brand's messaging.
- Message taking: Agents can take down caller contact information, their reason for calling and forward it via email or text to selected contacts in your organization.
- Customer service: Go Answer agents can handle incoming customer inquiries or complaints without consulting representatives at your company.
- FAQs: Clients can provide Go Answer with 10 to 15 frequently asked questions to better assist callers.
- Customer retention: Agents can also engage in extensive customer retention services, such as mollifying dissatisfied callers. Agents can mail coupons or discount vouchers on your behalf to keep customers satisfied.
- Call patching: Calls can be patched directly to your relevant points of contact as needed for no extra charge. Transfers draw from your package of minutes, but many call center services will charge an additional fee for these calls. Go Answer does not.
- Email and text message notifications: Email and text message notifications are included at all subscription levels. Any updates to your account, appointments, or changes to your script will be confirmed via these notifications, as well as any messages captured by agents.
- Client portal: Go Answer includes access to an online portal where clients can view their account details in real time, including minutes used, minutes remaining, calls received, call types, call results, call duration, the average duration of calls and more. Clients can also customize the scripting used by agents in the online portal, which updates the software at the call center facility in real time as well, allowing agents to use the updated script instantly.
- Outbound services: Go Answer also engages in outbound calling campaigns on your behalf; however, outbound services are performed on a case-by-case basis. In order to determine which outbound services are suitable for your company, you'll need to consult with your account manager and discuss your options.
For companies with more specialized needs or higher call volumes, clients can select a team of five or more dedicated agents, which come at a competitive hourly rate. Go Answer also offers a 30-day, risk-free trial with no obligations. Companies are only charged a setup fee if they continue following the 30-day free trial, during which Go Answer observes call volume and nature to develop a more particular service plan.
Answering Service Features
Go Answer maintains an answering service as well.
For all of our answering service recommendations, visit our best picks page.
Here's a look at some of the answering services that Go Answer offers:
- Live answering: Go Answer agents are available 24/7/365 to answer the phones on your behalf in a friendly and professional way. You can develop a script to your liking through the client portal or mobile application, or you can customize your existing script. Agents will read from that script when answering your phone calls.
- Message taking: One of the most basic services that Go Answer offers is message taking. Agents capture basic caller information like name, contact information, the reason for the call and then forward that message to the relevant people at your organization. Message taking offers a more polished approach than a voicemail box and uses very few of your minutes.
- Order taking: Agents can fulfill more advanced customer service roles as well, such as order taking. Order taking involves walking a caller through a purchase and helping them with their order as if they were a customer in your store. Agents can also upsell and cross-sell.
- Bilingual support: Agents are fluent in both English and Spanish, offering you and your callers bilingual support if needed.
- Mobile application: Go Answer includes the AlwaysOn mobile application for iOS and Android devices. AlwaysOn grants you insight into your account and the ability to customize your settings.
Go Answer's answering service includes a 30-day free trial as well. The answering service is primarily for small and midsized businesses in any industry, though Go Answer has a wealth of experience in the healthcare, legal, finance, e-commerce, real estate and publishing industries specifically. HIPAA-compliant service is available for healthcare businesses.
We found few limitations with Go Answer's services. The only major drawback we identified with Go Answer is that outbound services, while available, are only designed on a case-by-case basis. That made it difficult to determine all of the specific outbound services the company offered compared to the other call centers we evaluated for our review. To determine the specific outbound services that would be applicable to your company, you need to discuss your options with a Go Answer representative.
Our customer service experience with Go Answer was extremely positive. The representative was not only helpful in breaking down the offerings available from Go Answer (and the typical onboarding process), but the rep provided valuable advice that our hypothetical business should keep in mind when comparing call center services.
For instance, the representative explained typical "gotcha" points to ask about, including incremental billing policies and if the call center billed clients for any agent work time after calls. These are common aspects of call center services that often increase monthly costs. This information is indispensable to a small business investigating the industry for the first time. Many providers don't offer this information unless asked, despite its significant potential impact to the overall cost of a call center service.
Editor's Note: Is your business looking for a call center service? Fill out the below questionnaire to have our vendor partners contact you about your needs.