With helpful search engine marketing tools, marketing emails, web design, reports and social listening, Act-On is a strong choice for your internet marketing service needs. The company's email and search engine marketing tools and analytics can help any business excel online. The email marketing tool allows you to personalize emails with a customer's name and information. You can also put contacts into different lists based on their interests and other categories, ensuring your customers only receive relevant emails.
View all our recommendations for internet marketing services and PPC management on our best picks page.
One major advantage of Act-On is its ability to scale services to meet your needs. If you start with SEO services, for instance, you can easily build in social media marketing or email marketing services later, making this company a versatile digital marketing partner.
The company has a good online reputation, scoring an A+ with the Better Business Bureau, although it is not accredited by the agency. It also has no customer reviews featured on the website. Act-On provides customer support via phone, live chat and email. It sells separate support plans for advanced access. If you don't want to pay for an extra plan, the silver support plan is free and includes community support as well as phone and web support during business hours. Act-On is one of the few companies we reviewed that's transparent about its pricing directly on its website.
While many internet marketing services don't list their pricing online, Act-On shares this information openly. By providing clear rates on its website, Act-On demonstrates that it's a transparent company willing to work with small business owners.
Act-On's pricing is broken down into two plans: professional and enterprise. The professional plan starts at $900 per month for a complete marketing automation program. The enterprise plan, which starts at $2,000 per month, includes extra features, like customer relationship management (CRM) software integrations, account-based marketing, advanced reporting and business intelligence integration.
Both plans require a yearly contract. While this is a longer-term commitment than other companies require, it's still on a par with industry standards. The scalability of the plans also means that, as your business grows, you can adjust your offering to match your changing needs.
Unlike some other services, Act-On does not provide account managers for its plans. However, because Act-On offers marketing software rather than services, that limitation is not unusual.
Act-On provides a wide range of internet marketing services, including the following:
- SEO: Act-On can provide an SEO audit of your website, so you can determine where you stand among competitors and improve your SEO. The company also offers a host of other SEO-related services, like real-time alerts, anonymous visitor tracking and traffic analytics.
- Email marketing: Act-On prioritizes lead building in its email marketing offering. The company offers segmentation, trigger emails, funnel reports and A/B testing. It also provides CRM integration and automated email programs.
- Social media: Act-On's social media tools include adaptive social posting, audience engagement, social listening, consumer analytics, and the ability to publish to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. The company also offers content curation services and analytics in an intuitive dashboard.
- Design tools: Act-On provides landing-page design tools, so you can build high-impact pages that help build leads. It also offers A/B testing for landing pages, so you can design the best page for your business and potential clients.
- Reporting features: Act-On provides advanced reporting and analytics tools, so you can collect and analyze marketing data. The company offers campaign reports, revenue attribution, marketing funnels, Google Ads support, email performance tracking, landing-page traffic and conversions, and social media engagement reports.
Act-On is one of the most comprehensive services we reviewed. Whether you need SEO help, email marketing tools, social media consulting, design tools or other digital marketing services, Act-On has you covered. Many services in the internet marketing and digital marketing industry specialize in one aspect of service. Act-On is one of the few companies that have strong offerings in all areas of their services. Other positives include extensive reporting features and pricing transparency.
One downside is that there are limited customer reviews on Act-On's BBB profile. Additionally, Act-On's required yearly contract may be a dealbreaker for businesses that aren't looking for a long-term commitment.
Act-On Customer Support
Act-On offers tiered customer support plans. You can access the company's community support, phone support and web-based chat support for free. The representatives we chatted with were informative and helpful. They didn't push for a sale at any point and answered all of our questions.
If you're looking for advanced support features, including 24/7 support and access to customer success teams, you'll have to pay for a premium support package.