APS gives small business owners a customizable payroll solution. Using APS means business owners don't have to worry about payroll processing and payroll tax obligations, and you can pay employees through several different methods. APS allows employee access and self-service, so your workers can check in on things like their paystubs. This cloud-based solution can integrate with HR programs and time and attendance software from APS, making it a versatile small business tool.
Read our reviews of other top payroll companies, see answers to frequently asked questions and review a complete vendor list on our online payroll best picks page.
APS Pricing and Terms
For businesses with fewer than 50 employees, APS charges a base monthly fee and a per-employee fee. The cost, which includes all the payroll features and services APS offers, is $60 per month, plus $5 per employee per month. Adding on time and attendance service is another $3 per employee per month, while the scheduling service adds another $5 per employee per month.
For businesses with more than 49 employees, APS provides custom pricing. If you are interested in this service, we would encourage you to contact the company directly to get a price quote based on your company's specific needs.
There are no contracts with APS.
APS Payroll Services and Features
APS provides all the services businesses need from an online payroll provider:
- It is a cloud-hosted system that both managers and employees can log in to from any web browser. The platform is also mobile-friendly and accessible from any HTML5-compatible device. Managers can review and approve timecards, approve or deny time-off requests, correct missed punches, and receive important alerts, while employees can view their paystubs, accrual balances and year-end tax forms.
- The platform is a single database that allows you to manage your pay rates, salaries, deductions and departments.
- APS gives you the option of using direct deposit, checks or pay cards to pay your employees. To pay with paper checks, you can either print them at your business or pay a small delivery fee for check signing and stuffing. You need to process payroll two days before payday.
- APS offers thorough tax filing and paying services. The service calculates, files and pays all payroll taxes to the proper local, state and federal jurisdictions on your behalf. APS guarantees that all taxes will be paid on time and correctly. Should APS make an error, it will rectify the situation and pay any incurred fines.
- The system includes different levels of permissions. This allows more people access to the payroll software, but it can also limit the features and tools each person can access.
- APS offers employee self-service that allows your workers to log in to the system to update their personal information, review their pay history and paystubs, and access year-end tax forms.
Pros and Cons
- APS has solid customer support. The company provides a dedicated support representative for small businesses.
- There are over 80 reports on topics such as payroll processing and workers' compensation.
- APS doesn't have a dedicated mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The solution is mobile-friendly, but there are no dedicated apps.
Several other aspects make APS a payroll solution worth considering.
- APS gives employers the ability to run a wide range of payroll reports. It offers over 80 standard reports, from payroll to workers' compensation. The reports allow you to view historical information and compare it to current data. You can also create custom reports.
- We were impressed with the customer support from APS. Everyone we spoke with at the company was friendly and helpful. Additionally, APS provides each business with its own dedicated support representative, who serves as the main point of contact for any questions or issues the client runs into.
- When you're getting started, APS provides one-on-one training to ensure your business has no problems setting up and using the payroll software.
- APS is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. No complaints have been filed against the company in the past three years.
- APS offers a number of additional services, including a time and attendance system, core HR services, and recruiting and onboarding services.
- APS integrates with a wide array of accounting, automated export, point-of-sale, retirement, and time and attendance services.
One downside to APS is that there isn't a dedicated mobile app for iOS and Android devices. While the platform is mobile-friendly, some users prefer the ease that mobile apps provide.
Editor's Note: Is your business looking for an online payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site BuyerZone connect you with vendors that can help.