With its affordable plans and helpful features, Bluehost is our choice for the best cloud hosting service. This provider has solutions for any business, including shared, cloud, WordPress, dedicated and VPS hosting solutions. This review focuses on its three affordable cloud hosting plans that allow your website to grow as your business expands. Its cloud hosting plans are packed with helpful features such as advanced security options, unlimited email accounts and storage, a free domain for a year, and help from spam experts.
To view all our recommendations for web hosting services, visit our Best Picks page.
Pricing and Plans
Bluehost has three cloud hosting options at affordable prices. The cheapest plan, Starter, begins at $9.99 per month. With this plan, you can host one website, and you receive 100GB of storage space, 100 email accounts, 500MB of email storage space and 2GB of available memory (RAM).
The Performance and Business Pro plans, which start at $13.99 and $25.99 respectively, can host unlimited websites and have unlimited storage space. However, as with other hosting services, "unlimited" doesn't actually mean no limitations. Bluehost restricts storage space based on average usage rates. The Performance plan comes with 4GB of available memory, while Business Pro plan has 6GB.
The Business Pro plan comes with additional features, including backups and restores, which ensures that your data will not be lost if a server crashes. This plan also provides domain privacy to hide personal data such as your email address and address from the public. Only the Business Pro package comes with an SSL certificate and anti-spam software. SSL certificates are important for hosting e-commerce websites because they encrypt your website's data.
In case you aren't sure Bluehost is the right provider for you, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Here are a few of Bluehost's most useful features:
- To ensure protection and safety, Bluehost automatically distributes three mirrored copies of your data across multiple devices.
- All three plans have unmetered bandwidth. Bluehost's bandwidth does have some limitations, though, being restricted based on average bandwidth rates. You can read more about it in the terms of service.
- Bluehost's plans can grow with you. Increased web traffic is a good thing, and it shouldn't slow you down. You can amp up your cloud usage or pick a more powerful plan as your business grows.
- Each plan comes with a free domain name and at least $50 in marketing offers.
- Bluehost's secure cloud hosting platform is easy to use and fully optimized for WordPress compatibility.
- The company does not mandate a limit for MySQL databases, domains or subdomains you can create. Limits are established by the amount of disk space included with your cloud hosting package.
- Bluehost offers automated migration for free. A lot of web hosting companies charge more for this service.
You can contact Bluehost representatives through live chat and telephone. Its website also has a vast knowledgebase with articles, guides, how-tos and FAQs.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card