ConferenceCalls.com offers both reservationless and operated-assisted conference calling services. It offers a variety of tools to help your meetings run effectively and smoothly. You can place calls at any time of the day and view a list of all the participants on your call. ConferenceCalls.com also provides call recording and replay capabilities. Blocked-entry options are available, along with presenter controls that allow individuals to pass hosting capabilities between one another.
View all our recommendations for conference call services on our best picks pages.
Pricing and Terms
For its reservationless service, ConferenceCalls.com offers both prepaid pay-per-minute and unlimited monthly plans. With the prepaid plans, you purchase a block of minutes in advance. The cost of each call is 1.9 cents per minute, per caller. You can purchase blocks of credits in various denominations between $20 and $1,000.
Depending on how much you purchase, you receive bonus minutes. For example, if you buy a block of $20 worth of minutes, you receive an extra $2 in minutes for free. Similarly, if you purchase $200 worth of minutes, you receive an extra $30 for no added cost. The monthly plan is $25 per month for unlimited calls in the U.S. and 20 counties.
The operator-assisted conference call services range from 4.9 cents to 17 cents per minute, per caller. The price depends on the operator-assisted service plan that you select.
There are no long-term contracts with ConferenceCalls.com. If you choose the unlimited monthly plan, the first month of service is free. If you cancel service, you must do so at least five days prior to the next billing cycle.
Conference Calling Services
With ConferenceCalls.com, you have the option of making reservationless and operator-assisted conference calls. The reservationless service gives you the freedom to host meetings at any time, whether they are scheduled or spontaneous. The operator-assisted services are designed for larger, more formal calls. With this option, you are provided a dedicated operator who helps you plan and manage your meeting. Here is more about each type of service.
Reservationless Conference Calls
- Reservationless conference calls can be made scheduled 24/7 365 days a year without any prior reservation or time restrictions.
- The reservationless service can support calls with up to 50 participants. If you are having a larger meeting, you can use ConferenceCalls.com's executive reservationless service, which can host meetings with up to 96 participants.
- After signing up for the service, you are provided both toll-free and local dial-in numbers. To join a call, participants can call any of the access numbers. Once connected, they only need your company's specific conference code to join the meeting. Those who are hosting the meeting also need to dial in their security code.
- The host can control the meeting either from the phone's keypad, or online. The controls allow the host to mute participants, add a participant, lock and unlock the room and end the call. In addition, the host can pass hosting capabilities to other participants.
- With the reservationless service, you can record any meeting and download it for no extra charge.
- The system can also dial out as a way to add people to the call after it has started.
- ConferenceCalls.com also offers a waiting room. If participants call in and the host hasn't joined yet, they're automatically placed in a waiting room until the host joins.
Operator-Assisted Conference Calls
- ConferenceCalls.com offers two different operator-assisted plans: Event-Lite and Event Pro. Both of these options require you to reserve your meeting time between 24 and 48 hours in advance.
- The Event-Lite option lets you host meetings with up to 1,000 participants. You can give participants different dial-in numbers based on their role in the meeting. For example, speakers can receive one number, and participants who will only be listening can receive a different number. During the call, a technical operator is on hand to ensure the call runs smoothly. This service is designed for things such as companywide or inter-departmental meetings, large sales calls or any interactive event that does not require a formal operator.
- The Event-Pro option lets you host meetings with up to 3,000 participants. These calls let you customize the greeting guests hear when they call in as well as pre-screen and capture their contact information. Event-Pro calls include full-service operator assistance. ConferenceCalls.com operators will help coordinate the meeting, greet callers, conduct question and answer sessions, and provide any other type of assistance you may need. You can record your call and then download a copy of the recording or request a copy be burned onto a CD. This type of service is typically used for high profile, C-level calls, such as investor relations and merger and acquisition announcements.
There are several other factors that make ConferenceCalls.com a conference calling service worth considering.
- With this service, you can connect through local toll and toll-free access numbers in more than 40 countries worldwide.
- com offers video conferencing services via its executive services.
- Customer support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The company also offers comprehensive online resources.
There are some downsides to this service. The biggest is that for the reservationless service, you are limited to 50 participants on each call. Other services we examined had higher call limits.
In addition, ConferenceCall.com does not offer many customization options. You cannot customize the phone number participants dial or create a customized message that welcomes participants to the conference call, nor can you continue a call once the host hangs up.
Editor's Note: Looking for a conference calling solution for your business? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card