With its great customer support, helpful features and numerous security options, DreamHost is our choice for the best WordPress hosting service. It has multiple WordPress solutions for business of all sizes, including managed and shared hosting options.
We evaluated its three managed WordPress packages. (Managed websites are typically faster, more secure and have better support.) Each DreamHost plan comes with an SSL certificate; a 30-day, money-back guarantee; and site backups.
To view all of our recommendations for web hosting services, visit our Best Picks page.
There are three managed WordPress hosting plans. The cheapest plan, Basic, starts at $17 per month. This plan accommodates up to 10,000 monthly visitors and has 5GB of SSD storage. With this plan, you get basic site backups.
The Plus plan, which starts at $25 per month, accommodates up to 30,000 visitors a month. It has 10GB of SSD storage. With the Basic and Plus plan, you can host only one website.
The most expensive WordPress plan, Advanced, starts at $36 per month. This plan accommodates up to 60,000 visitors a month and offers 15GB of SSD storage. You can host two websites with the Advanced plan. Also, this plan comes with a staging website, which allows you to test changes on a staged, password-protected copy of your website.
Both the Plus and Advanced plans come with VaultPress Offsite Backups, which protects your website from hackers, host failures, viruses, user errors, malware and exploits. Along with automated backups and easy restores, VaultPress Offsite Backups can help with site migration, file scanning, file repairs and spam defense. These two plans also come with access to WordPress themes, including professionally designed templates, and customer support.
If you aren’t sure DreamHost is the provider for your business, it offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
Here are a few of DreamHost's most useful features:
- The three plans are all hosted on a cloud platform, which allows your website to grow with your business. If your website experiences a surge in visitors, DreamHost will allocate additional power to your server to keep it running, no matter the amount of traffic your website gets.
- If you want to run an e-commerce website, you can combine DreamHost and WooCommerce.
- DreamHost automatically updates your website with the latest WordPress and security updates.
- All plans come with encrypted SSL certificates, which is important if you have an e-commerce website. Google will flag your website as unsafe if it doesn't have an SSL certificate. For additional security, you can pay an extra $15 per year for a Comodo certificate.
- Each plan provides domain privacy (which guards your personal information) at no additional cost. Most providers charge for this service.
- The service has a range of support options available, including a knowledge base, forum and blog. You can also contact support through chat and email.
While DreamHost will migrate your website from another hosting platform for $99, a lot of companies that we evaluated will migrate your site for free.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card