eVoice is a virtual phone system that provides business lines to you and your employees no matter where you're located, even if all your employees are scattered or working from home. This business phone service, which is managed in the cloud, helps you sound professional to customers and clients as they call in. The system is designed to route calls that come in to a main business line to employees on their mobile or home phones.
Pricing and Terms
eVoice is available in four service plans that vary in price, monthly minutes, and included phone numbers and extensions. Prices range from $12.99 per month for 300 minutes, six phone numbers, and two extensions to $79.99 per month for 4,000 minutes, 45 phone numbers, and 15 extensions. There are no contracts with eVoice. Everything is billed on a month-to-month basis. If you go over your allotted minutes, there is a 3.9 cent charge for each additional minute. eVoice also offers a 30-day free trial.
eVoice's virtual service operates differently from a traditional phone system where every employee has a phone at their desk.
- You first choose a main business number. It can be a local or toll-free number.
- Once you have your number, you create a custom greeting for the auto attendant, which will answer every call into your main line. The automated system answers calls 24/7, so even if someone calls your business at an unusual hour, the call can be routed to the appropriate person or department's voicemail.
- Calls can be routed anywhere you choose, even to multiple numbers at once. You can set different routing rules depending on caller, call time or any other criteria. No matter what number your clients are sent to, they will only ever see your business number, which protects your privacy and your employees'.
eVoice includes more than 40 features, most of which come standard with every account.
- The standard features in every account include call blocking, call forwarding, call logs, call queues, call scheduling, call screening, click to call, do not disturb, hold music, and sequential and simultaneous rings.
- The service gives several voicemail options, including traditional voicemail, voicemail to email and voicemail to text. With voicemail to text, eVoice transcribes your messages and sends them to you via email or text.
- The premium features include business texting, call recording, international numbers and vanity numbers.
- There is a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app allows you to make and receive calls on your business line, read your voicemails, and change your call-forwarding settings.
- eVoice has a complete conference calling service built into its’s phone system. With the conference bridge feature, which comes included for no extra charge, each employee has the ability to hold their own conference call with up to 94 callers. However, the complete plan allows for an unlimited number of participants. If your company is looking to host conference calls with more callers than this phone system provides for, you will need to use a conference calling service. These services allow for hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of callers on each call. You can find more information on these services on our conference call services best pick page.
- The system includes several ways to collaborate with others. Conference calling for up to 94 participants at one time is among the standard features, while web and video conferencing is among the premium features.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
- eVoice offers live receptionist services for an additional cost. Instead of having the automated attendant answer calls, eVoice can provide you with four to six live receptionists who are trained on your business's services. The live receptionists are available to answer calls between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
- The monthly minutes associated with each plan could pose a problem for some businesses. Most traditional phone systems offer unlimited domestic calling.
- If your business outgrows the virtual system, you will have to find a new provider, since eVoice doesn't offer full cloud-hosted VoIP phone systems. Some providers offer both VoIP and virtual systems.
- eVoice's parent company, J2 Global, is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has an F rating.
eVoice is a solid virtual system that is ideal for entrepreneurs and small businesses with a remote workforce. It requires no hardware or installation. The system, which is available in multiple service plans at a range of price points, includes a host of valuable features that allow your business to present a professional image at all times.
Editor's Note: Looking for a business phone system? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card