FatCow only offers one shared plan, which includes unlimited bandwidth, disk space, domains, subdomains, email accounts and MySQL databases. However, you must comply with FatCow's terms of service and not use more storage than the normal operation of your website.
To view all of our recommendations for web hosting services, visit our Best Picks page.
With this domain hosting service, you have the standard tools necessary to get your website up and running on a familiar interface. However, it lacks numerous security features (secure shell and solid-state drives) and charges you extra for many that it does offer (website backup and restore).
FatCow offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you can decide whether this hosting service is right for you or not.
Unlike other services, FatCow only has one shared hosting plan. Its special introductory rate costs $2.75 per month. However, the renewal prices are more expensive. If you agree to a three-year contract, the monthly fee is $12.95. If you pay monthly, the cost jumps to $14.95. FatCow offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
For the first year of hosting, you receive a free personalized domain name. FatCow only offers one shared hosting plan, but it includes unlimited bandwidth, disk space, domains, subdomains, email accounts and MySQL databases. In addition, the plan comes with the following features:
- A spam-filtering tool and a tool to help you create and manage your company's newsletters.
- A website builder, web analytic tools and shopping cart integration.
- With FatCow, SSL certificates are available, but they must be purchased separately. SSL is used for e-commerce and ensures your customers' transactions and personal information are safe. SSL certificates are also important because Google will flag your website as unsafe if it doesn't have one.
Below are some other features and tools included with FatCow's shared hosting plan.
- When you sign up, you get vouchers for $100 for Google AdWords and Bing Ads.
- FatCow can integrate with other applications such as WordPress.
- The company offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
- Phone support and live chat is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition, it has a knowledge base and tutorials.
Like the other web hosting services we reviewed, FatCow limits bandwidth and disk space based on average usage rates. You can learn more about these restrictions in the company's terms of service.
Other drawbacks include the following:
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card