Faxage offers several helpful, convenient features for businesses, including some you don't typically find with other online fax services. Faxage also has a variety of service levels that cater to the needs and budgets of businesses of all sizes. It is HIPAA-compliant, and you can add unlimited users to your account for free. There aren't any contract requirements for Faxage, and you are billed monthly. However, there is no free trial for this service, and Faxage charges a setup fee.
To view all of our recommendations for online fax services, visit our best picks page.
Faxage offers more pricing tiers than many of the other online fax services we evaluated, making it a versatile option for companies regardless of their specific faxing needs. Each plan has a $5 setup fee – the company allows you to add unlimited users to your account for no additional fee, a rare offering that can be quite valuable to large teams.
Here's an overview of Faxage's pricing tiers:
- Individual Lite and Toll-Free Lite. Faxage's low-volume plans each cost $3.49 per month. There is no set page allotment. Instead, you pay 5 cents per page.
- Individual Professional and Toll-Free Professional. Both plans limit the number of pages for inbound and outbound faxes to 300 pages each. Plans cost $7.95 per month with an overage fee of 5 cents per page.
- Business Unlimited Inbound. This subscription includes unlimited inbound faxes, but zero outbound faxes. It costs $19.95 per month with an overage fee of 5 cents per page.
- Small Office. This plan includes unlimited inbound pages and 400 pages of outbound faxes. It costs $29.95 per month with an overage fee of 5 cents per page.
- Toll-Free 1,500. This plan includes 750 pages each for inbound and outbound faxes. It costs $19.95 per month with an overage fee of 5 cents per page.
- Local Volume. This plan includes unlimited inbound pages and 5,000 outbound pages. It costs $64.95 per month with an overage fee of 4 cents per page.
- Toll-Free Volume. This plan includes 500 inbound pages and 5,000 outbound pages. It costs $64.95 per month with an overage fee of 4 cents per page.
- Carrier. This plan includes both local and toll-free fax numbers but zero pages of inbound or outbound faxes. It costs $15 per month, per line (and there is a three-line minimum). Each faxed or received page costs 2.3 cents.
Faxage offers a strong slate of features that include some not provided by other faxing services.
Like most online fax providers, Faxage maintains a client web portal that operates much like an email inbox – you have a centralized place where you can manage all of the users for your fax line and previously sent faxes.
The service has HIPAA-compliant faxing capabilities, making it useful for companies that need to transmit or receive sensitive data.
In addition, Faxage allows you to customize cover letters with your company's branding. You also own the local or toll-free fax number you get from Faxage when signing up.
There are no free trials for Faxage, and it charges a setup fee for every plan, which was not the case with other services we reviewed. Also, though offering a selection of pricing tiers is useful, we found Faxage's pricing plans to be somewhat convoluted and confusing.
Additional reporting by Adam Uzialko.