Faxage is an online fax service that offers a good slate of features and a variety of service levels that cater to the needs of businesses of all sizes. offers small businesses a range of options (web faxing email to fax, API fax) for their faxing needs. It has HIPAA-compliant capabilities, and you can add unlimited users to your account for free. There aren't any contract requirements for Faxage, and you are billed on a month-to-month basis. However, there is no free trial for this service.
To view all our recommendations for online fax services, visit our best picks page.
Faxage offers a larger number of pricing tiers than many other online fax services that we reviewed, making it a versatile option for companies regardless of their specific faxing needs. In all, Faxage offers six different pricing tiers, including:
- Individual – Faxage's low-volume plan, the individual pricing package is a pay-as-you-go plan for $3.49 per month. Each fax costs 5 cents.
- Professional – The professional level plan includes 300 total pages of fax for both inbound and outbound purposes. It costs $7.95 per month, with an overage fee of 5 cents per page.
- Business – The business level subscription includes unlimited inbound faxes, but zero outbound. It costs $19.95 per month, with a 5-cent overage fee per page.
- Small Office – This plan includes unlimited inbound pages and 400 pages of outbound faxes. It costs $29.95 per month, with an overage fee of 5 cents. There is a toll-free option that includes 750 pages each of inbound and outbound faxes, priced at $19.95 per month, with a 5-cent per page overage fee.
- Volume – This plan includes unlimited inbound pages and 5,000 outbound pages. It is priced at $64.95 per month, with a $0.04 overage fee. The toll-free version of the volume plan includes 500 inbound pages, 5,000 outbound pages and is priced at $64.95 per month with a 4-cent per page overage fee.
- Carrier – Faxage's carrier plan includes both local and toll-free fax numbers, includes zero pages of faxes, and is priced at $15 per month with a fee of 2 cents per page. A minimum of three different lines is required.
Although each plan has an additional $5 setup fee, the company allows you to add unlimited users to your account for no additional fee, a rare offering that can be quite valuable to large teams.
Faxage offers a strong slate of features that include some uncommon finds amongst other online fax services. Like most fax services, Faxage maintains a client web portal that operates much like an email inbox and allows for centralized management of all users on the fax line. The service includes HIPAA-compliant faxing capabilities, making it useful for companies that operate with sensitive data.
In addition, Faxage allows for custom cover letters that can bear your company's branding, making your faxes appear more official. You will also own the fax number you get, either local or toll-free, through Faxage when signing up.
Faxage's customer service was among the most responsive and helpful of those we contacted, getting back to us almost immediately and answering all of our questions thoroughly, without the need for a follow up. In addition to email and phone contacts, Faxage maintains a list of FAQs and helpful documentation on its website.
There are no free trials for Faxage, and the setup fee that applies to every plan. This was not the case with most other online fax services we reviewed. Overall, we found Faxage's pricing plans to be somewhat convoluted and confusing.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card