Fleetistics is a GPS tracking and telematics company that provides small businesses with a range of fleet tracking features with reasonable prices and flexible contract options. Fleetistics supports fleets of all sizes, and clients have access to Geotab software. Fleetistics provides both plug-and-play and advanced hardware options with video tutorials for easy guidance.
To view all our recommendations for GPS fleet tracking software, visit our Best Picks page.
Pricing and Terms
Fleetistics is a great company to consider for GPS fleet tracking services because of its ability to scale and contract flexibility. Pricing varies based on your business's size and needs. Unlike other companies we reviewed, Fleetistics isn't upfront about its pricing. There are, however, no installation fees as business owners install the hardware themselves. (If you run into problems, there are video tutorials to help guide you through the installation process.)
The company offers month-to-month agreements and doesn't have a minimum vehicle requirement. You can use Fleetistics' software, which is supported by Geotab, on a smartphone or tablet as well as a desktop.
- Standout feature: Fleetistics is a large company with several different fleet tracking options and plans. It can be scaled to fit your business's needs, whether you need three vehicles or 300. Its contract structure is also different from that of its competitors. Most companies require a three-year contract for the level of service Fleetistics provides.
- Software: Fleetistics's software is supported by Geotab, a GPS software company that provides a dashboard to handle all your fleet tracking services. When we spoke with representatives, they said the GPS engine varied based on the plan our business chose, so it's not clear if it's supported by Google Maps, Fleetistics or Geotab's own engine, or another type of GPS engine. Fleetistics told us that the refresh time on its software was second to second, which was one of the quickest refresh times of any company we reviewed. We reached out to Geotab directly to confirm this, as generally these services refresh every 1 to 2 minutes. Fleetistics can also provide weather and traffic overlay data as well as geofencing and route optimization.
- Safety: In addition to a solid software offering, Fleetistics provides tools to manage driver and community safety. Managers and operators can view driver scorecards, which include a compiled score based on driving habits like speeding, harsh braking and acceleration, or idling time. You can also track fuel efficiency and vehicle maintenance, so you can ensure you're saving money and staying up-to-date on vehicle maintenance.
- Alerts: Fleetistics features real-time alerts and reporting features, so you can stay current on everything ranging from fuel efficiency to speeding. You can also set alerts for when a vehicle enters or exits a geofenced area, which is an imaginary grid around a worksite or area of interest. This can help you manage arrival time.
- Customer support: This company had great customer reviews. The Better Business Bureau gave Fleetistics an A+, and the company earned a 4.4 out of 5 stars on Facebook. We interacted with Fleetistics's sales team via email, and they were both timely and helpful in showing us how our theoretical business could benefit from their services. They offer support via both phone and email, although there is no live chat feature.
Fleetistics doesn't offer live chat support on its website. Another drawback is that it's not clear how their GPS engine is supported.
Editor's Note: Looking for a GPS fleet tracking system? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card