GreenGeeks offers a variety of web hosting solutions, including shared hosting, reseller hosting, virtual private server hosting and dedicated servers. The company's name is a nod toward its commitment to the environment. GreenGeeks purchases wind energy credits to replenish three times the amount of energy used by client websites. While the company has one shared hosting plan, the plan offers unlimited domains, an SSL certificate (if you sell goods and services through your website), plus readily available customer support, and website building and management tools.
To view all of our recommendations for web hosting services, visit our Best Picks page.
GreenGeek's plan starts at $2.95 per month with the introductory price. However, once the introductory period is over, the cost increases to $9.95 per month, which is similar to the prices other web hosting services charge for their shared hosting plans. GreenGeeks offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
Here are a few of the features that come with GreenGeeks' shared hosting plan:
- An unlimited number of email accounts
- Daily backups of all hosted sites, and, if your website goes down, you can restore your website to the latest version
- For businesses that have an e-commerce website, the plan includes Cloudflare SSL. Paid SSLs are also available for better encryption. GreenGeek also offers free shopping cart installation and is PCI (payment card industry) compliant.
- When you sign up with GreenGeeks, you get free domain name registration, or you can transfer your existing domain name for free.
- As with almost any shared web hosting service, GreenGeeks offers unlimited storage, which means your website and business have room to grow online.
- Other unlimited features include MySQL databases and sub and parked domains.
- If you need to launch and create a new website, GreenGeeks has a free drag-and-drop website builder you can use.
- It offers a one-click install so you can add apps to your website, including WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
GreenGeeks offers several resources for clients that have questions about domain hosting or other subjects. Technical support is available through live chat, telephone and email tickets. When we contacted its sales department, we chatted with a knowledgeable and professional sales representative. There is also a FAQs section on its website, a knowledge base as well as an up-to-date blog that offers information about web hosting and digital marketing tips.
Many of the web hosting services that we evaluated offer advertising credits that you can use to promote your site on popular search engines, such as Google and Bing. Unfortunately, GreenGeeks does not offer any such credits.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card