HelloFax is a strong online fax service with nearly all of the features we looked for in our review, and its overage charges are competitive. It is missing a few features for sending faxes and in customer support, though.
To view all our recommendations for online fax services, visit our best picks page
HelloFax maintains several different pricing tiers for varying levels of service requirements. It also offers a five-page free trial that includes some basic features. All of HelloFax's paid plans come with a 30-day free trial.
- Pay as You Go: When the five-page free trial runs out, HelloFax users can pay 99 cents per fax for up to 10 pages, and 20 cents for every page after that. This service level only includes outgoing faxes.
- Home Office: This plan costs $9.99 per month, includes 300 total pages of incoming or outgoing faxes, and supports up to five users.
- Professional: This plan costs $19.99 per month, includes 500 total pages of incoming or outgoing faxes, and supports up to 10 users.
- Small Business: This plan costs $39.99 per month, includes 1,000 pages total of incoming or outgoing faxes, and supports up to 20 users.
- Enterprise: Larger companies with greater faxing needs can negotiate a plan with HelloFax and leverage the fax service's API to suit their needs.
There are no setup fees or contract requirements with HelloFax, and subscriptions are paid month to month.
HelloFax doesn't have much of a learning curve when you first use it, and the service is very easy to use overall, especially on the desktop platform. You can send faxes via mobile devices as well, though there isn't a designated app for this.
You can sign documents electronically and create custom cover pages in HelloFax, and it's easy to send a fax to more than one person at a time. You can also fax internationally at no additional charge. In lieu of a local number, you can sign up for a toll-free fax number. HelloFax integrates with Microsoft Outlook to make email-to-fax functions easier. HelloFax stores your faxes for an unlimited time, so you'll always have a record of the faxes you've sent and received.
While HelloFax offers strong features, it doesn't offer every feature we looked for in our review. Specifically, it doesn't let you schedule faxes for future delivery, which might be an inconvenience if, for example, you're sending faxes to people in various time zones. This feature is a rare find that many other companies don't offer either.
You are limited in how you can reach out to HelloFax for support. There is no live chat option on its website, and you cannot reach out to customer support representatives by phone either, which is inconvenient if you need fast answers. You can contact support through email, however, and you might be able to find the answers you need in the FAQs page on the company's website.