By Skye Schooley, business.com Writer | Updated Feb 24, 2020
Hibu offers a unique solution for businesses that need a website and marketing that targets a local audience; it is our choice as the best website design service for small businesses. In addition to website design, Hibu's other services include listings management, management of online reviews, reputation management and e-commerce.
View all of our recommendations for website builders and web design services on our best picks page.
Hibu Pricing and Plans
Hibu is a full-service web design agency that can create a professional website for businesses in any industry. Since it is a service, not software, there isn't a free trial or a money-back guarantee. To discuss your needs and if Hibu can help your company, you can set up a consultation with a Hibu representative to discuss your goals.
Websites are offered on a month-to-month basis, and the cost varies, depending on the program you select. For example, you can have a comprehensive plan where Hibu builds your website, and promotes it through ad campaigns and social media. Or you can have a simple website built with routine maintenance and upkeep done by Hibu. Marketing contracts have a duration of six months.
At the time this review was written, Hibu offered a promotion where the cost of its website design and setup fee was reduced to $99 (normally, Hibu charges $449) for new clients who purchase Smart Site Pro as part of a qualifying digital advertising package. (Monthly fees apply, and there is a minimum contractual term.) Since every website is tailored to each business, you'll need to contact Hibu directly for a custom price quote.
Hibu offers an all-in-one package to not only build your small business's website but also manage it to ensure it ranks well. Below are the other features we liked about Hibu:
- Web design and appearance: After a consultation, Hibu professionals work one on one with you to create a website that fits your needs and engages your customers. Hibu Smart Sites are designed to talk to both your audience and Google. Hibu uses drag-and-drop technology to create a website based on your requirements. Hibu offers other services as well (see "Additional services" below) that, unless you're a professional web designer, you may not be able to do yourself. Hibu takes all the guesswork out of building a website.
- Web hosting and domain names: For no added cost, Hibu sets up domain registration and hosting for your site.
- SEO and analytics: You have 24/7 access to website analytics with the Hibu dashboard. This is a key feature in assessing how your business is currently performing and where your website can improve.
- Social media: Hibu focuses on local business listings. This is a helpful service, especially if you own a mom-and-pop shop, and want current and potential customers to find you online. In addition to building your website, Hibu can create social pages on Facebook and Twitter for your business. To drive traffic to your website, Hibu creates ads for your business tailored for search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Mobile responsive: Hibu offers responsive web design so your website looks great and works well on desktop browsers, tablets and smartphones. And unlike many of its competitors, Hibu websites are optimized for voice search. This unique feature is great for modern technology.
- E-commerce: Hibu can help you set up an online store, but it has a maximum of 10 products. If you plan to sell more than 10 products, an option is to incorporate a third-party e-commerce portal. Hibu does not charge an additional fee for this, but keep in mind that you will be paying for e-commerce separately. Hibu plans are scalable, so you can start with the 10-product limit and then add a third-party e-commerce portal when your business scales.
- Additional services: Hibu is a full-service agency and offers much more than website design. It also provides services like listings management, reputation management, management of online reviews, social and search marketing, and search engine optimization. Your business can benefit from having an all-in-one agency like Hibu keep all of these various aspects of your marketing unified.
Pros of Hibu
One of the biggest advantages of using Hibu is its affordability. Many full-service design agencies charge thousands of dollars to create a website, but Hibu focuses on providing small and midsize businesses great services that won't break their budgets. This is especially helpful for small businesses that need multiple services (e.g., web design, marketing, reviews) or that lack personnel with the skills and/or time to build a website and manage all of the constantly changing elements that come with maintaining an online presence.
Another advantage of Hibu is that it builds "smart" websites that are tailored for search engines and audiences. This is essential, since both search engines and consumers need to be able to find and understand your website.
Cons of Hibu
Hibu offers great website design services for small businesses, but its e-commerce platform is limited – your online store can only sell 10 products. This is only an issue for businesses that intend to sell a large number of online products. If you want to partner with Hibu, but you have or plan to sell more than 10 products, talk with them about integrating a third-party e-commerce portal. Hibu does not charge fees for users to do so.
Hibu has a few resources available for users to learn more about its products and services. For example, it has a custom marketing plan, a marketing checklist, a Facebook calculator, a business listings scan, a digital marketing score and marketing guides. You can also read Hibu's blog for more content.
You can contact the company a few different ways. You can chat live with a representative on Hibu's website, call the company on their toll-free line, or fill out and submit a contact form on its website to have a representative follow up with you.
When we posed as a small business owner inquiring about its website design services, we were satisfied with Hibu's customer service. Representatives were helpful and were not pushy. Hibu is a Better Business Bureau-accredited company with an A+ rating.