iContact Pro provides digital marketing software for small businesses of all sizes. It specializes in email marketing software, which can be used to build leads and stay relevant with your customers. iContact is a transparent digital marketing company, listing its pricing and services directly online. It provides social media marketing, landing page and ad design, and advanced reporting features. It doesn't provide PPC management services, which isn't out of the ordinary, as usually companies specialize in either PPC management or general digital marketing.
View all our recommendations for internet marketing and PPC management services on our best picks page.
This company's email marketing offering is a standout service with robust features. While it provides other digital marketing services, this is the best aspect of its offering. iContact is one of the few companies we reviewed that also offered a free trial of its services. This 30-day trial allows you to experience iContact's software without having to provide credit card information. Keep in mind, however, that trials are limited to accounts with up to 100 email addresses.
With packages starting at $32 per month, iContact Pro is one of the cheapest solutions we reviewed. While it lacks some features, it offers a variety of user-friendly internet marketing tools. It has everything you need to run a successful email marketing campaign, including automated and trigger emails, personalized fields, and spam check.
This is a good, affordable digital marketing solution that will meet all your email marketing needs. It's an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating. It also addressed all of the customer complaints on the website, which many companies we reviewed didn't do. iContact Pro provides support via live chat, phone and email.
Pricing and plans
iContact Pro lists its pricing directly on its website, making it a transparent offering. This is ideal for business owners who are looking for an at-a-glance view of a company's services without having to go through the company's sales process. It provides two plans: Essential for $32 and Professional for $99. Each are charged on a monthly basis and include varying features. You can view a full breakdown of each plan and the features included here.
iContact doesn't require long term contracts either. For its premier plans, businesses will have to sign on for three months. This is still a fairly short-term agreement. The company also provides account managers dedicated to your business's services. If you are a premier member, you'll receive a strategic manager as well, who can help you build your services and develop your digital marketing strategy.
- SEO Tools: iContact does not offer SEO services for its customers.
- Email Marketing: iContact's email marketing offering is the highlight of this company's digital marketing services. It provides a drag-and-drop email design editor, so you can quickly design messages and campaigns for your customers. It offers audience segmentation, email layouts, A/B testing and template-based design help. If you opt for the professional plan, you'll also have access to triggered messages, behavioral targeting, social monitoring and landing pages. With a dedicated account manager, you can develop an email marketing strategy that builds leads and helps your business.
- Social Media Marketing: iContact provides social monitoring services as part of its professional plan. It also offers separate services that include creating, reviewing, scheduling and researching content. iContact has a team of trained writers to edit and proof your content, as well as develop press releases. Behind email marketing, iContact's social media marketing offering is a standout feature for this company.
- Design: iContact provides tools for designing emails, like the drag-and-drop and template-based builder. On top of this service, it provides personalized email design services. It offers template creation, message conversion, message repair and sign up forms. Their in-house design team can also help with landing page and ad design.
- Reporting Features: iContact provides advanced reporting analytics for its email marketing offering. You can use data-driven marketing to further build your email marketing strategy. It offers real-time reporting, various metrics and a personalized dashboard.
Pros and Cons
- iContact is an inexpensive email marketing option for small businesses.
- It's transparent about its pricing.
- It lacks SEO tools that some other companies we reviewed provide.
- It doesn't have a PPC management offering.
Support and customer service
iContact provides support through live chat, email and phone, so you'll be able to get in touch with the iContact team through multiple avenues. You'll also have a dedicated account manager, so you'll be able to connect with someone about your services on a personal basis. We posed as small business owners and interacted with iContact via live chat to test its customer service and learn more about the company's offering. We had a great experience with iContact via live chat. The sales representatives we spoke with were friendly and informative, providing us with the information we needed. They were also knowledgeable and at no point tried to push for a sale or gather unnecessary information. Our experience with iContact's sales team solidified its reputation as an inexpensive, robust email marketing offering for small business.
Editor's note: Looking for an internet marketing service for your business? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our vendor partners contact you with information.