IOIPay offers more than just payroll processing. The cloud-based service handles all payroll tax obligations and lets you pay employees via paper check, direct deposit or pay card. It offers employee self-service and integrates with a number of other IOI offerings, such as time and attendance systems and human resources administration.
Read our reviews of other top payroll companies, see answers to online payroll frequently asked questions and review a complete vendor list on our online payroll best picks page.
IOIPay Pricing and Terms
IOIPay provides customized pricing for each business. Costs are based on the number of employees you are paying, how often you plan to run payroll, the way you want to pay employees, whether you need a general ledger for your accounting and how many garnishments you have.
The pricing we were quoted for 20 to 25 employees, paid via direct deposit, was $1.95 per employee per payroll. Each garnishment was another $1.25, and the general ledger file was $7.95. In addition, there is a year-end fee for W-2 and 1099 tax forms. There is a $55 base fee, plus $4.50 per employee.
There are no contracts with IOIPay. You pay everything payroll to payroll.
IOIPay Services and Features
IOIPay offers nearly everything businesses could be looking for in an online payroll service:
- IOIPay is a web-based platform that can serve any size of business. The cloud-hosted payroll software is accessible from any internet-connected device.
- Payroll information can be submitted online, over the phone, or via fax or email.
- You can pay employees via direct deposit, pay card, or paper check signed and stuffed by IOIPay.
- The service calculates, reconciles, files and pays all payroll taxes on your behalf to the proper agencies. The company offers a guarantee that taxes will be done on time and correctly. Should an error be made, IOIPay assumes all responsibility and pays any incurred fines. IOIPay also handles your year-end W-2 and 1099 processing.
- Employees can access the system on their own to view their paystubs and year-end tax documents or make any changes to their personal contact information. The software can be logged in to from any web browser or on mobile devices via the mobile-friendly website.
These are some other features and services that make IOIPay worth considering:
- IOIPay offers a multitude of standard reports and over 500 report templates to help you manage payroll and assess where employees are with their earnings, taxes, and deductions. It can also produce compliance reports for annual EEO-1 data, OSHA, 401(k) census reporting and more.
- The IOIPay online resource center features valuable tools and information, including payroll calculators, client forms, client training, and tax alerts and forms.
- It offers a variety of other services, including time and attendance systems, human resources administration, new-hire services, pay-as-you-go workers' compensation and labor law poster services.
- We were impressed with the company's customer support. When we called posing as a new business owner interested in the service, the representative we spoke with was friendly and helpful. He answered our questions in detail. By the end of our call, we had a clear understanding of how the service works and its costs.
- IOIPay is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. As of September 2018, no complaints had been filed against the company in the past three years.
One downside to IOIPay is that there are added fees for some of its services, such as general ledger files, printed checks, garnishments and year-end tax forms. Some of the other services we considered include those costs in their base fees.
Editor's note: Looking for a payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site BuyerZone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card