Kashoo is simple online accounting software for small businesses that makes it easy to track the money coming into your business as well as your bills and expenses. You can use it to create and email invoices to your customers, accept online invoice payments, and generate reports, such as an income statement, balance sheet and general ledger. It supports multiple users for no additional cost and your account gives you access to its mobile app for iPhone and iPad users.
Visit our best picks page to see all of our recommendations for small business accounting software.
Kashoo has simple pricing with a single plan and allows you to choose either a monthly or annual subscription. You'll save money if you pay annually, as it has a nice discount for this option. If you're nervous about committing, you can use the company's 14-day free trial to check out its features and make sure it's the right accounting software for your business. Here are details on Kashoo's pricing.
- Kashoo accounting software and mobile app costs $29.95 per month (or $16.65, based on annual prepayment). It supports an unlimited number of users and includes phone support.
- Multiple businesses can be added to your account for $13.95 per month per organization. A discount is available if you pay annually ($139.95). If you want to add more than five businesses, we recommend that you contact the company for a quote.
- Kashoo Payments makes it easy for your customers to pay their invoices online. It costs 2.9 percent plus 30 cents per transaction. You can also accept online invoice payments through Stripe and Blue Pay.
Ease of Use
Like most of the accounting programs we reviewed, Kashoo is easy to set up. It asks for some basic information about your business, including your business structure and industry, then welcomes you to the program with a popup box that explains how the dashboard works. This is useful information, because the dashboard is quite different from most accounting programs. Instead of displaying graphs and charts with an overview of your business's financial health, it has what it calls the Workspace, with quick-entry fields for income and expenses. The right sidebar shows Quick Reports, which is a summary of your accounts, unpaid invoices and bills, and taxes.
The action menu along the left side of the screen lists tasks at the top so you can quickly get started with your accounting duties. In the middle it shows your lists for clients, suppliers, items, projects and accounts, followed by reports at the bottom of the menu. Kashoo integrates with Paychex for payroll; this add-on option appears at the bottom of the menu.
Kashoo is designed to be simple and has several tools to help you accomplish your accounting tasks quickly.
- You can set up recurring invoices, which is a useful feature if your business offers subscriptions or you have customers with regularly recurring orders.
- Its mobile app for iPhones and iPads allows you to create and send invoices, snap pictures of receipts, and view reports when you're on the go. There isn't an app for Android users.
- You can accept invoice payments online using Kashoo's credit card processing service or by connecting the software to your Square, Stripe or BluePay account.
- The software connects to your bank and credit card accounts. When you reconcile your accounts, it simplifies the process by suggesting possible matches.
You can track bills, manage vendors and enter information about products into your system, but it doesn't create purchase orders or track inventory. You can generate several different reports, including a general ledger, balance sheet, income statement and an aged receivables report. You can filter reports by date, project and other variables.
From the Business Settings menu, you can turn on the Projects feature to track costs and income for specific clients or projects, but there aren't any pre-invoice documents, such as estimates or quotes, that are commonly used by businesses that work with clients on a project basis.
You can customize your invoices by selecting one of the seven invoice templates and uploading your logo. There aren't color or font options, however, and no options to toggle fields on and off. More extensive customization, such as adding more fields, requires XHTML and CSS coding.
There are a handful of integrations that you can use with Kashoo, but not as many as its competitors. Options include the payment processors mentioned above, plus Square, FreshBooks Classic and Paychex payroll service.
There's no limit to the number of users you can add to this software, and you can set permissions to control the information each user can access. If you have multiple businesses, you can add them to your account and access them from a single-user login, though as mentioned above, there is an another (discounted) subscription fee for each additional entity.
If you need help using the software, you can reach customer support by phone, email and live chat, Monday through Friday, from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. You can also find several resources on the company's website. It has a searchable knowledgebase, weekly webinars, live workshops, step-by-step guides and a blog.
Kashoo is a good choice for small business owners wanting a simple accounting program, but in some instances, it may be too basic. It doesn't have pre-invoice documents such as sales orders, quotes or estimates, and although it can group invoices and expenses by project, it doesn't track time, which is a tool often included with project features. Retailers and other businesses that carry inventory may also find it lacking as you can't use it to create purchase orders or track inventory.
Unlike many of the accounting applications we reviewed, it doesn't have automatic payment reminders, nor does it offer an Android companion app. Finally, it doesn't track fixed assets but suggests a workaround using the expenses feature, though you have to figure out the depreciation schedule on your own.
Editor's Note: Looking for accounting software for your business? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.