MeasureSquare is our choice as the best cloud construction estimation software because it hosts the most well-connected product and estimate database of all the estimation software we researched at a reasonable price. You can manage subscription licenses and share projects with team members from anywhere via iPad, iPhone or PC. The software includes a 14-day trial and a free demo. With MeasureSquare's Learning Center, you'll receive free web courses; there is also the option to receive onsite onboarding.
To view all of our recommendations for construction estimating software, visit our best picks page.
MeasureSquare is an estimation software app focused on flooring. It charges a monthly fee based on the number of users necessary for your construction business. There is no contract or setup fee, and software updates are included in each plan.
The software is available in three plans: desktop, iOS and Android. For desktop software, you have two editions: multifamily or commercial. The iOS and Android apps both offer mobile retail and mobile multifamily editions. MeasureSquare also offers two bundle solutions: iOS + Windows or Android + Windows, each offering mobile retail and desktop commercial or multifamily editions.
- Monthly cost: The cost for the multifamily edition is $149 per user, per month (or $1,490 annually), while the monthly cost for the commercial edition is $179 per user, per month (or $1,790 if you purchase a 12-month subscription).
- Features: The features offered in the multifamily edition include importing PDF floor plans, setting duplicated units, organizing product options by tabs, estimating by the unit or project, auto optimizing waste and seam layouts, and quoting with unit pricing options. This edition also allows you to create tile patterns with any shape of tile. In the commercial edition, you get all of the multifamily edition features plus batch importing, stagger cuts to manage installation, randomizing tile layouts by percentages, exporting commercial bidding templates to Excel and estimating product usage via installation phases. If you buy the annual billing option, you get two months free annual billing.
- System requirements: The software operates on Microsoft Windows (Versions 7/8/10) and 8GB DRAM. A 24-inch screen is recommended.
- Monthly cost: The cost for the retail version on iPad is $49 per user, per month ($490 for the annual plan), while the cost for the multifamily version is $79 per user, per month (or $790 annually).
- Features: The features offered in Retail on iPad include floor type, add-ons, and labor estimation, phone and web support, and onsite support. This edition also allows you to measure with Disto and Bosch lasers, assign products in real time, generate seam diagrams and cut sheet instantly. You can send professional quotes. With the multifamily edition, you receive all the features in the retail edition plus single-page PDF imports and takeoffs. This edition also allows you to set duplicated units. Both editions provide two months free if you purchase the annual plan.
- System requirements: The system requirements for this plan are iPad 4 and above, and iOS 10 and above. With laser compatibility, some measuring tool brands, such as Leica, Bosch, and GLM, are also supported.
- Monthly cost: The cost for the Retail on Tablet plan is $49 per user, per month (or $490 if purchased annually), while the cost for the multifamily option is $79 per user, per month (or $790 for the annual plan).
- Features: The features offered for Retail on Tablet include the same features offered for Retail on iPad. With the multifamily tablet edition, you receive all of the retail edition features, plus single-page PDF imports and takeoffs. Both editions provide two months free with annual billing.
- System requirements: The software works best on Galaxy Tab S3 tablets or newer tablets. Laser compatibility is supported, but only for Leica models.
The iOS + Windows and Android + Windows bundle solutions come with the desktop software features and the features of their native OS listed above. The mobile retail and desktop multifamily edition cost $179 per user, per month for both the iOS and Android bundles. The mobile retail and desktop commercial edition costs $199 per user, per month for both iOS and Android bundles. Their respective system requirements remain the same, and two free months are offered with annual billing.
MeasureSquare Cloud provides a number of beneficial features. Here are the features we were especially impressed with.
Flooring Management Software
MeasureSquare is equipped with an API that shares information with third-party software systems. With its flooring management software, you're able to manage C/F data systems, Comp-U-Floors, Qfloors and Roll Master.
C/F data systems allow you to import estimate spreadsheets; Comp-U-Floors integrates with sales, estimates, orders, and inventory; and Qfloors allows you to store diagrams and cut sheets through its Cloud API. Roll Master is capable of order and inventory integration, and it offers storage for diagrams and other sheet documents.
Interior Floor Design
MeasureSquare makes interior floor planning a simple task. With the option of importing and exporting CAD and Revit/BIM design software, not only can you create and measure floor plans, but you can estimate projects thoroughly and accurately. This feature allows you to measure onsite with laser meters and generate 3D presentations that you can share.
If you're looking to back up, synchronize and archive projects, MeasureSquare offers secure loss prevention. You can sync your project with any device, protecting your construction business's data. This feature also allows you to measure in the field, on the go, or on a desktop at the office.
MeasureSquare provides complete control over user subscription licenses as your construction business grows. You can add or remove licenses and view any license information, such as a name, expiration date or status. This feature logs you out of your current device when you're finished so you can use the license on another device, if needed.
With in-house sharing, you're able to sync projects with any team member or contractor. Every user can follow the same price catalog and estimate data, and every project can be viewed or edited by another user.
While MeasureSquare has much of what we looked for in cloud-computing estimation software, there were a few drawbacks.
MeasureSquare is focused on flooring. If your construction business specializes in something other than floor planning and design, you'll want to consider other alternatives.
Despite its great interface, MeasureSquare may be complex for first-time users. If you completely know what you're doing, though, this software can work wonders for you.
To test MeasureSquare's customer service, we contacted the company by live chat posing as a small business owner interested in their software. The representative we spoke to was informative and answered our questions in detail.
During our chat, we discussed several topics, including the features of their software. The representative told us that while MeasureSquare does not offer Microsoft Excel integration, you can export your worksheets to XML format. Overall, we were very satisfied with the amount of support offered.
You can a representative by phone or send a message via email or live chat. Also, 24/7 live support is offered.
Additionally, MeasureSquare offers multiple onboarding training options, including the Onboarding Starter option priced at $400, onsite training priced at $3,000, and their class, which takes place at a few locations in Pasadena, California, that is priced at $199 per person, per day.