Mend offers an easy-to-use, all-in-one telemedicine platform that can be used for video consultation, online scheduling, intake questionnaires and appointment setting. All features are a la carte, so if your practice only needs video consultations, you don't have to pay for the entire software suite. Mend representatives declined to give us a ballpark quote, stating that pricing is based on the volume of appointments and the level of service a practice requires. Quotes are offered on a case-by-case basis. Mend requires an annual contract as well.
- Appointment reminders: When you schedule an appointment in Mend, you can set reminders for patients via text message or email. Reminders will go out as their video consultation approaches to reduce no-shows and last-minute cancellations.
- Digital forms: Another timesaving measure that Mend offers is the digital forms, such as patient intake questionnaires, that can be hosted directly on the platform. When signing on ahead of a video consultation, patients can fill out information customized to the needs of your practice. When the consultation begins, the provider can review that information and, if you have an EMR integration, export the questionnaire to your practice's EMR system.
- Video consultations: The core of Mend's platform is the video consultation between healthcare provider and patient. The video is a familiar conference-style system, with a thumbnail of the provider's view in the corner and the patient view enlarged in the center of the screen. You can add your practice's branding to the banner at the top of the screen. Tools on the right side of the screen include web chat, the option to send additional files, and an appointment tool for scheduling follow-ups at the end of a consultation.
- Follow-up surveys: After a consultation, Mend can direct patients to a survey where they can leave their feedback. Surveys can provide useful insights for medical practices looking to gauge the effectiveness of their telemedicine services or improve patient engagement across the board.
- AI appointment tool: One of Mend's standout features is its AI-driven predictive appointment tool, which anticipates whether a patient is likely to cancel an appointment or fail to show up. Based on the predictions of this tool, practices can proactively reach out to patients to reschedule appointments or send additional reminders. Reducing cancellations and no-shows saves practices time and money by helping them fill earlier appointment slots with patients who are going to show up.
Mend is device-agnostic and cloud-based. Any device with an internet connection, camera and microphone can run Mend, including Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. For security, the platform is fully compliant with HIPAA and HITECH. Tech support remains available anytime appointments are booked on the platform. The average response time of the tech support team is 23 seconds after a request is received.
Mend is easy-to-use telemedicine software that covers all the bases a medical practice needs to offer telemedicine services. Since it's cloud-based software, implementation is relatively straightforward. Moreover, integrations are available for most leading EMR systems. However, Mend lacks some of the advanced tools and features we found with other telemedicine platforms in our review. It is best for a small medical practice that wants to offer video consultations and basic examinations to patients, rather than digitize a wide range of its operations. If you're looking for a way to increase patient engagement and drive efficiency by reducing no-shows, cancellations and unnecessary visits, Mend is a good solution.