MyPayrollHR can offer reliable online payroll services to businesses of any size. You can use it to manage your employee records and human resources on top of its standard payroll services, which include processing your payroll and fulfilling your payroll tax obligations. Your employees will also have the ability to log in to the platform and view their payroll information, like pay-stubs and year-end tax forms. This self-service makes MyPayrollHR a solid payroll option for a variety of small businesses.
Read our reviews of other top payroll companies, see answers to frequently asked questions and review a complete vendor list on our online payroll best picks page.
MyPayrollHR Pricing and Terms
MyPayrollHR offers all-inclusive pricing, meaning all its services are included in the price. The price is customized for each business. There is one monthly fee based on the number of employees you have. There is no extra charge for year-end tax services, nor delivery charges or per-check fees. One charge covers your payroll and tax processing, online HR information base, W-2s, and custom report writing.
We were quoted pricing of approximately $100 to $110 for our hypothetical business. This included the cost of up to five employees. Each additional employee was roughly $11.50. MyPayrollHR also charges a one-time setup fee of $100.
Since the pricing is customized for each business, you'd be best served by contacting the company directly to get a price quote for your business's exact needs.
There are no long-term contracts with this payroll service. You pay for the system on a month-to-month basis and can cancel at any time with no penalty.
MyPayrollHR Payroll Services and Features
MyPayrollHR offers a wide variety of payroll and HR services:
- The online system is hosted in the cloud, so it's accessible from anywhere. All you need is a high-speed internet connection and web browser.
- The payroll services allow you to pay hourly, salary and contracted employees. You can pay them biweekly, weekly, semimonthly or monthly, and you can run additional payrolls outside your specific payroll cycle.
- The system can handle any employee deduction, along with contributions such as retirement. There are no limits to the number of employee deductions and employer contributions you can set.
- You can pay employees by direct deposit, check or prepaid debit card. If you pay by check, you can either print the checks on your own or have MyPayrollHR print and mail them to you each pay period. With direct deposit, you can split pay among an unlimited number of bank accounts.
- MyPayrollHR calculates, files and pays all payroll taxes on your behalf to the appropriate local, state and federal agencies. The company assumes all liability for ensuring the taxes are paid correctly and on time. If an error is made, MyPayrollHR pays any resulting fines.
- MyPayrollHR processes all your employee W-2 and 1099 year-end tax forms.
- The payroll software offers a selection of more than 65 payroll reports, including payroll allocation, batch cash requirements, and employee contributions and deductions.
- Employees have access to the system to review their paystubs, print year-to-date pay information and check their balances of paid time off.
Pros and Cons
- MyPayrollHR doesn't just provide payroll processing services. There is a whole human resources component you can sign up for as well.
- MyPayrollHR is not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau.
In addition to payroll processing, MyPayrollHR offers all users a variety of human resources services. The HR dashboard gives an overview of both payroll and HR information, such as reminders of upcoming events, charts of KPIs and HR and payroll statistics, and links to employee master records.
The HR services also include the ability to track employee history, such as their positions and pay rates, performance reviews, employee events, and paid time off. You can also track employee property assignments like computers and mobile devices, maintain employee training history, and store emergency contact information.
Some of the other services MyPayrollHR offers are new-hire reporting, time and attendance systems, onboarding and applicant tracking, workers' compensation insurance, benefit administration, Affordable Care Act compliance, employee screening, and retirement planning.
Customer support is available by phone, by email and online. Additionally, all client businesses have a dedicated customer support representative to be their point of contact.
We were very pleased with the customer support we received when we contacted the company posing as a business owner interested in its services. The representative we spoke to was friendly and helpful. He answered all of our questions in detail. By the time we were done with our call, we had a clear understanding of what MyPayrollHR offers, how it works and how much it costs. We were also pleased at how quickly the representatives responded when we reached out by email.
One of the few downsides we found was that MyPayrollHR is not an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. Despite that, the company has an A rating with the BBB and, as of February 2019, only one complaint filed against it over the past three years.
Another potential negative is that you are also paying for a number of HR services with this payroll software. If you don't need these services, you might consider choosing a company that offers stand-alone payroll software to avoid the extra cost.
Editor's note: Looking for a payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site BuyerZone connect you with vendors that can help.