NexTraq provides comprehensive fleet tracking services at an agreement structure that's standard in the GPS fleet tracking industry. Companies have access to automated reports and live alerts associated with their fleet. The company offers both plug-and-play and advanced hardware. They can also track driver behavior to get a better understanding of their fleet's overall safety. The safety services we analyzed were extensive. Based on its service offering and plan structure, as well as solid safety tools, NexTraq earns our pick for the best safety features in a GPS fleet tracking system..
To view all our recommendations for GPS fleet tracking software, visit our Best Picks page.
Pricing and Terms
Businesses that partner with NexTraq are required to sign a three-year contract, which is on a par with industry standards. The plan structure includes a price up front for vehicle hardware and then a monthly contract fee for software use.
One benefit NexTraq provides is free installation – the company will send someone out to your business to install your hardware. They even provide a lifetime warranty on their hardware, so if you have an issue, you can deal directly with NexTraq to get new devices.
Nextraq doesn't have a minimum vehicle requirement, and it supports fleets of all sizes. You can also use NexTraq's software on smartphones or tablets, which keeps you informed even when you're out of the office.
- Standout feature: NexTraq provides is free installation and a lifetime hardware warranty. It was one of the only companies we reviewed that provided a technician to assist with installation if the customer needed it. More importantly, Nextraq provides excellent safety features for businesses of all sizes to take advantage of.
- Software: NexTraq's software is backed by Google Maps, which means that everything you can do on Google Maps you can also do in Nextraq's software. This includes viewing traffic data, routing information and even using the street-view feature. The software refreshes every minute, so you'll have real-time updates on where your vehicles are at any given moment. This configuration can also be adjusted to 30 seconds. NexTraq also supports the ability to geofence different areas, or draw a virtual boundary around them to receive alerts when a vehicle enters or leaves an area. This can be especially useful for fleets that need to track when a vehicle arrives at a job site or airport.
- Safety: NexTraq provides tools to track harsh braking, acceleration and overall idling time. This can help you increase fuel efficiency and keep both your driver and community safe. You can view performance on a per-driver basis, and you can compare performance between drivers for important conversations about staying safe on the road. In addition to safety tools for your driver and community, NexTraq provides maintenance information. You can track when each vehicle is due for maintenance, further ensuring that your fleet is up-to-date on repairs and operating in a friendly manner.
- Reporting: NexTraq offers a variety of alerts and reports to set up with your GPS fleet tracking account. There are more than 30 alerts to choose from, which can be received in real time to help improve driver safety. Alerts can be set to appear via email or text message, and include notifications for things like speeding, idling time, destination departure or arrival, and maintenance issues. There are also more than 40 reports you can schedule to get a better understanding of idling, fleet status, fuel efficiency and overall activity.
- Customer support: NexTraq has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, and despite only a 3.7 out of 5 stars on the site, the company offers services to a range of customers at a solid offering. We interacted with NexTraq's sales team via email. In both instances, they were very helpful in showing us NexTraq's services and how they match with our business's needs. Businesses can contact NexTraq via email or phone with support issues, but there's no live chat feature.
NexTraq requires a three-year contract, although this is consistent with other companies' offerings. It also doesn't offer a live chat support option.
Editor's Note: Looking for a GPS fleet tracking system? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card