PayUSA offers a cloud-based online payroll service for businesses of all sizes. The service manages all of your payroll processing needs, allows you to pay employees in a variety of ways, and handles year-end tax forms. PayUSA also offers a variety of other services for businesses, including time and attendance systems and HR services. However, its payroll tax services aren't available in all states.
Pricing and Terms
PayUSA bases its pricing on how many employees you have and how often they are paid. For a business with 25 employees who are paid biweekly, we were quoted prices of about $80 for the payroll and tax services. However, there were a number of additional costs, including for direct deposit, paying employees by paper check, check stuffing and year-end tax services. Those tax services cost $34, plus $6.25 per W-2.
There are no contracts with PayUSA. However, you must give 30-day written notice when canceling the service.
PayUSA offers many of the services businesses are looking for from a payroll provider.
- The online platform makes payroll easy by handling the process completely after you enter your payroll data each pay period. Employers can access the payroll system at any time on an internet-connected computer.
- You can pay employees via direct deposit or printed check. For employees paid by check, you can either have PayUSA handle the check printing or do it from your own printer.
- PayUSA handles all payroll tax obligations. It automatically calculates, files and pays your payroll taxes on your behalf. PayUSA offers a tax guarantee that it will pay any fines that result from a payroll tax error. However, its tax services are not available in all states.
- This online payroll solution handles year-end W-2 and 1099 processing.
- The system offers a full spectrum of payroll reports. Besides a standard report that summarizes the transactions for each pay period, PayUSA offers a number of other reports, such as for cash analysis, tax liabilities, department allocations and check reconciliations. In all, the service gives employers access to more than 100 reports. There is also a report writer tool that allows you to tailor reports to your specifications.
- Employees have access to the system to review their paystubs and year-end tax documents.
- PayUSA includes reporting tools that allow you to seamlessly apply payroll data to your general ledger. The system interface directly integrates with QuickBooks (2002 and higher).
PayUSA offers several other services that businesses may be interested in, including new-hire reporting, time and attendance systems, workers' compensation insurance, Affordable Care Act compliance services, 401(k) plan options, and human resources services.
The biggest downside to PayUSA is that its tax filing services are only available in 17 states: Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Texas and California.
Another negative is that PayUSA charges for some services, such as direct deposit and year-end tax forms, that other companies include in their base costs. Additionally, the PayUSA website does not have live chat or helpful support resources like FAQs and tutorials.
PayUSA is not an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. However, the company still has an A+ rating and, as of March 2018, no complaints filed against it.
Editor's Note: Looking for a payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card