Phone.com is a competitively priced, cloud-based business VoIP system with more than 40 features. The system requires no hardware or maintenance, and its setup is almost instantaneous. Phone.com provides free adapters so you can use your own phones or gives you the option of leasing IP phones. The system is available in both unlimited and pay-per-minute plans.
Pricing and Terms
Phone.com has three plans to choose from – Base, Plus and Pro – that are each available in unlimited and pay-per-minute options. Unlimited talking plans cost $22.99 per user per month for the Base, $24.99 for the Plus and $27.99 for the Pro plan. Prices drop by $2 per user per month for the Base and Plus plans and by $3 for the Pro plan if you pay annually instead of month to month. The pay-per-minute plans start at $12.99 per user per month for the Base plan, which includes 300 minutes. The Plus plan, which includes 500 minutes, is $19.99 per user per month, and the Pro plan, which includes 1,000 minutes, is $39.99 per user per month. The pay-per-minute plans also have discounted pricing for those who agree to pay for a year of service upfront.
Phone.com doesn't require you to sign any long-term contracts. However, if you do agree to a year of service and pay for the entire year upfront, you get discounted pricing. Base plan users are eligible for a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Phone.com includes more than 50 calling, collaboration and mobile features standard with every plan. There are also 10 premium features that are in only some of the plans.
Phone.com's standard features include the following:
- Call-handling tools, such as auto attendants, call forwarding, a dial-by-name directory, dial by extension, call transfer, call blocking, scheduling and Find Me/Follow Me
- User extension features, including voicemail, voicemail-to-email, personalized greetings, call logs, call screening, do not disturb and call transfer
- Call notification, call queues, click to call, on-hold music and online faxing
Phone.com's premium features include the following:
- Call recording
- Caller analytics
- Voicemail transcription
- Video conferencing
- Custom local and toll-free numbers
- Professional recording
- Phone.com has a complete conference calling service built into its’s phone system. With the conference bridge feature, which comes included for no extra charge, each employee has the ability to hold their own conference call with up to 300 callers. If your company is looking to host conference calls with more callers than this phone system provides for, you will need to use a conference calling service. These services allow for hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of callers on each call. You can find more information on these services on our conference call services best pick page.
- Phone.com's mobile app, available for both iOS and Android devices, allows you to make and receive calls from your mobile devices, send text messages from your business line, conduct conference calls, and review online faxes.
- The phone system has built-in integrations for Zoho and Salesforce CRMs. The integrations feature screen pops, click-to-dial and call tracking, all from within your browser.
- With its special adapter, the system works with any analog phone.
- Phone.com is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
- It costs an additional $5 each month for call recording and $4 for access to call analytics.
- The company does not provide 24/7 support, though you can reach agents via live chat, telephone and email. There is a support page on Phone.com's website that features getting-started guides, troubleshooting articles and a FAQs page; however, it isn't as extensive as competing providers' help pages.
Phone.com's easy setup, feature set and compatibility with your existing telephones are definitely all advantages. The service integrates with popular CRM systems and is fairly priced. However, some features, like call recording and call analytics, cost extra each month, which may be a deal-breaker for some.
Editor's Note: Looking for a business phone system? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card