PrimePay has an easy-to-use interface and a simple three-step process to run payroll. PrimePay's all-inclusive service includes multiple ways to pay employees, handle new hire reporting, plus it offers unlimited reporting options and employee self-service.
Read our reviews of other top payroll companies, see answers to online payroll frequently asked questions and review a complete vendor list on our online payroll best picks page.
PrimePay Pricing and Terms
The cost of PrimePay is based on the number of employees you have and how often you pay employees. There is a helpful tool on the company's website that allows you to see how pricing changes based on how often you pay employees.
For a business with 25 employees with biweekly pay periods, PrimePay costs $66 per pay period, plus $2.90 per paycheck. For businesses with less than 10 employees, the base per payroll fee drops to $60 per month; however, the per paycheck fee increases to $3.70.
At the time we evaluated PrimePay, the company was offering two free months of service. There are no contracts with PrimePay. You are billed monthly and can cancel at any time.
Payroll Services and Features
PrimePay not only provides all of the services businesses need from an online payroll provider, but a number of other services are added in at no additional cost. Here is what is included with your plan:
- PrimePay is a cloud-hosted solution that can be accessed from anywhere. In addition, the system can also be tapped into from the PrimePay mobile app, which is available on iOS and Android devices.
- Processing payroll with PrimePay is a simple three-step process. First, you automatically import your time and attendance data. Next, you click on the Add a Check link. You then click Calculate Your Checks, and your payroll is ready for your review. Once you preview the pay data, you click Submit, and your payroll is complete.
- You can pay employees by direct deposit, prepaid debit card and paper check. PrimePay offers check signing, sealing and stuffing services. Statements can be viewed online.
- PrimePay handles all payroll tax obligations. The service calculates, files and pays local state and federal taxes on your behalf. Additionally, it provides year-end tax forms for your employees. PrimePay offers a tax guarantee. Should an error be made, the company will fix the mistakes and pay any fines that might be incurred.
- Employees have access to the system. They can log in to review their paystubs and year-end tax forms.
PrimePay offers a number of other of valuable services:
- PrimePay provides organizations with a range of payroll related reports, including payroll journals, workers' comp recaps, year-to-date masters, general ledgers, and 401(k) imports.
- All PrimePay users can access the company's cloud-based time clock system for no additional cost. The system fully integrates with the payroll service. It includes the ability to punch in and out online, employee scheduling, paid time off management, overtime settings, proactive alerts and a mobile app.
- PrimePay's HR advisory services are also available at no added cost. This gives you access to an employee handbook builder, employee training courses and an online human resource library.
- Among the other services included in PrimePay's payroll offering are new hire reporting, applicant tracking and onboarding services, and access to an online document center.
- Other services PrimePay offers include health insurance services, like flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, and merchant services.
One potential negative with PrimePay is that you are charged on a per-payroll basis. Some providers allow for unlimited payroll runs for one flat fee.
Another drawback is that PrimePay isn't an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. Despite that, however, the company has an A+ rating. Only two complaints, as of September 2018, have been filed against the company in the past three years.
Editor's note: Looking for a payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card