The system has an easy-to-use interface and a simple three-step process to run payroll. PrimePay's all-inclusive service includes multiple ways to pay employees, handle new hire reporting, plus it offers unlimited reporting options and employee self-service.
Pricing and Terms
The cost of PrimePay is based on how many employees you have and how often you pay employees. There is a helpful tool on the company's website that allows you to see how pricing changes based on how often you want to pay employees. For a business with 25 employees that wants biweekly pay periods, the cost of PrimePay is $63 per pay period, plus $2.75 per paycheck.
There are no contracts with PrimePay.
Payroll Services and Features
PrimePay not only provides all of the services businesses need from an online payroll provider, but a number of other services are added in at no additional cost.
- PrimePay is a cloud-based solution that can be accessed from anywhere.
- Processing payroll with PrimePay is a simple three-step process. First, you automatically import your time and attendance data. Next, you click on the Add a Check link. You then click the Calculate Your Checks link, and your payroll is ready for your review. Once you preview the pay data, you click Submit, and your payroll is complete.
- You can pay employees by direct deposit, pay card and paper check. PrimePay offers check signing, sealing and stuffing services.
- PrimePay handles all payroll tax obligations. The service calculates, files and pays all of your local state and federal taxes on your behalf. Additionally, it provides year-end tax forms for your employees. PrimePay offers a tax guarantee. Should an error be made, the company will fix the mistakes and pay any fines that might be incurred.
- Employees have access to the system. They can log in to review their paystubs and year-end tax forms.
PrimePay offers a number of other of valuable services:
- PrimePay provides organizations with a range of payroll related reports, including payroll journals, workers' comp recaps, year-to-date masters, general ledgers, and 401(k) imports.
- All PrimePay users can access the company's cloud-based time clock system for no additional cost. The system fully integrates with the payroll service. It includes the ability to punch in and out online, employee scheduling, paid time off management, overtime settings, proactive alerts and a mobile app.
- PrimePay's HR advisory services are also available at no added cost. This gives you access to an employee handbook builder, employee training courses and an online human resource library.
- Among the other services included in PrimePay's payroll offering are new hire reporting, applicant tracking and onboarding services, and access to an online document center.
- Other services PrimePay offers include benefit services and merchant services.
One potential negative with PrimePay is that you are charged on a per-payroll basis. Some providers allow for unlimited payroll runs for one flat fee.
Another drawback is that PrimePay isn't an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau. Despite that, however, the company has an A+ rating. Only one complaint, as of March 2018, has been filed against the company in the past three years.
Editor's Note: Looking for a payroll service? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card