RingByName is a cloud-based VoIP business phone system that doesn't require any special hardware or wiring. The system allows unlimited calling, and while it doesn't include all of the tools some of its competitors do, it does offer a host of valuable calling and mobile features. The system can be self-installed and managed completely online, and it includes 24/7 customer support.
Pricing and Terms
RingByName is available in three service plans. Each plan has a range of prices based on how many users you have – which is calculated by the number of devices you need, including desk phones, softphones, conference phones and fax machines – and whether you agree to a contract and pay annually instead of monthly. Prices for the Essential plan range from $19.95 per user per month to $44.95 per user per month. Costs for the Advanced plan range from $29.95 per user per month to $54.95 per user, per month. The most extensive offering is the Enterprise plan, which ranges from $39.95 per user per month to $64.95 per user per month.
RingByName does not require you to sign a contract, but if you do, prices are discounted. Prices are cut even further if you agree to pay annually instead of month to month. There are no setup or activation fees, and RingByName offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
RingByName offers more than 30 calling features and tools, nearly all of which are included in every service plan.
Features all RingByName users can access include the following:
- Hold music
- Call presence
- Call routing
- Business hours rules
- Integrated message alerts
- Call screening
- Virtual receptionists
- Three-way calling
- Text messaging
- Call queuing
- Remote pickup
Additional features included for free in either the Advanced or Enterprise plans include online faxing and call recording.
The system also includes several features that not all other providers offer, such as the ability to recognize repeat customers based on their caller ID and greet them by name. The system can then ask if they would like to speak to the same person they previously talked to. Additionally, all users have access to a built-in CRM.
- RingByName offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The mobile app allows you to make and receive calls from your business line; create, share and assign notes to contacts; manage and schedule calendar events; and keep work and personal voicemail messages separate.
- Using Zapier, organizations can integrate their RingByName system with more than 1,000 difference CRM, accounting, help desk and other programs they already use, such as Gmail, Slack and Mailchimp.
- You can define certain callers in order to treat some differently. Callers can be defined as VIPs to receive prompt service, while others can be blocked and unable to receive attention.
- RingByName is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.
- There is no service-level agreement to vouch for the reliability of the company's fully redundant network.
- It doesn't offer all the features that some of its competitors do, such as call monitoring, whisper and barge.
- It charges some users extra for online faxing. Many providers include this standard to all users.
- After-hours support is only available online and not by phone.
RingByName includes unlimited domestic calling with all of its plans and offers a wide selection of important features, like call recording and a virtual receptionist. Additionally, it provides several tools that allow your business to provide customers with personalized service. It can also integrate with more than 1,000 third-party applications that you might already be using.
Editor's Note: Looking for a business phone system? Click the Compare Quotes button below to have our sister site Buyer Zone connect you with vendors that can help.
How Does Your Business Stack Up? Get a Free Business Report Card!Get My Report Card